MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Is it me???

Is it me??? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Is it me??? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Is it me???

Update Reply
centurion @ 02/06/2012 19:10  

still them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 20:58  

lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 21:34  

i see your point ive been on here for a month and have met some fab peeps but have also nodded at lots of peeps only to be ignored.i am not a bunny boiler am just looking for friends why the ignorance.i may not be a slim pretty pilly bimbo but i have feelings too.ive never ignored anyone who nods/pm,s me.thats why some are bikers some are defin not bikers are not ignorant

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 03/06/2012 00:11  

Tripple i take u hav a b'stard iphone like me...

I didnt hav a bike when i came on here and nobody seemed to mind my chariot lol! Yes i felt a muppet BUT if i'd hav been excluded because i was 'pilly only' i'd hav missed out on some of the best laughs of my life!

I still love going pilly but thats because i pootle when i'm up front and its nice to get chucked about a bit!

Am i a biker? I think so having passed my test in 05 but not had a bike until last september... and yup i'm a tad keen on the racing 0:-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 03/06/2012 16:46  

The reason I joined the site was because I had just bought my bike then realised I didn't know anyone in my area who had one to go out on rides with.

So, exactly a year ago today I joined the site and the following week I turned up at Rivvy Barn and met some great people (OK so I went in the car cos it was a bit far for me on my 125).

I've not looked back since, I've been to as many events as work will allow and hope to attend even more this year!

I don't think I'd have joined if I hadn't got my bike. But I don't see any reason why people shouldn't join without one.

The more the merrier I say!

Update Reply
lisaj @ 03/06/2012 19:14  

Well here's hoping i get to catch up with everyone at some point this year....may need a HUGE dose of courage tho coz i need to convince my matron (VERY scary fella) to honour my agreed holidays from my previous trust and having seen no annual leave available throughout the summer!

Might not get to many events (cheers nhs) but so long as i get to go to kiss rally and brands bsb i'll be a VERY happy bunny....

Update Reply
mizzi @ 03/06/2012 20:46  

I had a bike when i first came on here ok only a 125 but due to no-one to help me with it i lost confidence n sold it but i love bikes n i love going pillion and would love to find a guy who just wants a pillion, therefore 'Bikermatch' lol rant over lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2012 10:04  

It's quite rare a woman will carry a pillion even if she has a bike so I assume this thread refers to men not having bikes? Triplesurf, if you're just looking for biker buddies to ride with then I can see your frustration at members not having a bike. Biker Match was first and foremeost a DATING site for bikers and bike enthusiasts so for men not to have a bike would be a bit disappointing to those women who came on BM to find a biking partner or pillion seat. I wouldn't worry too much about there not being many with bikes, quite a lot of those who do don't seem to travel too far. Look at their profiles, the events they attend are within easy reach of the area they are based in. I no longer have a bike cos being unemployed it was a struggle to keep paying out to keep it on the road. When I did ride it was all year round and mostly alone, most women prefer to ride with someone else it didn't bother me, I used my bike mainly for shopping and visiting family and friends, with the occasional tootle over to Squires cafe near Leeds. I never toured or did long distance, the bike was more worn out than I am, it broke down so often I became friends with the breakdown man.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/06/2012 12:51  

Biker Match is many things to many different folk. Why don't you put up an event/meet up at a local area to you and see what response you get - just an idea, good luck!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 04/06/2012 19:56  

Aye Bobkat, I'm going to look at when the races are on up the mount (Olivers Mount)
And maybe see if some of you would come over to the coast to see a bit of close up racing as it should be done? :)

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 06/06/2012 20:35  

I' m only up the road so I might go this year Not been to Ollie mount since Mick Grant was "KING" there

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/06/2012 21:47  

I've just noticed the Cock 'O' the North is already in the events listing.
I'll be there for that with my Tom then :)

Sorted.

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 07/06/2012 12:21  

Triplesurf, woohooo - good on you! I would definitely come to a meet at Olivers Mount - you could do the Camping at Squires which is free. Poshbird has told me good things about the racing there and I've yet to go. There is a great wee rally on this weekend near Longtown, Carlisile if your at a loose end. Will keep a look out for your event

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/06/2012 12:33  

I havent been to Olivers Mount in years either so I'd be really interested in a meet there !

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 07/06/2012 12:58  

Looks like it's already all been said... BM is so many different things to so many people. Many of the ladies had long term relationships / marriages with biking guys which failed after a while. Now they're looking to find another biker so they can continue in the biking community, maybe without the confidence to learn to ride themselves.

I know countless lasses who have come to BM to find a pillion seat only to end up getting their own bike and licence shortly after :-D

Don't forget we also have a number of disabled members, even a blind guy, who cannot ride. The blind fella likes the thrill of biking but (of course) can't ride himself. There's as many reasons as there are members.

But the vast majority of us have bikes I'm pretty sure of it. Most people turning up at our events (like the KISS rally last year) did not have a pillion with them.

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/06/2012 15:57  

The Cock o’the North Continental Road Races will be on 21st and 22nd July with two days of road racing plus the bar and entertainment on the Friday and Saturday night in the Bikers Village.

It's in the event listing already, dunno if I'll camp as I can pretty much walk up there from my house, plus don't have any camping gear LOL.

But is well worth going to one of the races if you have never been before, happy to show anyone round to the best places to stand for all the action.

:)

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 07/06/2012 19:10  

You might be better off putting this in a new thread in the events forum Triplesurf. Your offer of showing people around is generous but I doubt it will be noticed in this thread.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 08/06/2012 03:42  

I am just gettign round to it :)

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 08/06/2012 09:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email