MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

info of steve jb from Bassett pole meet!

info of steve jb from Bassett pole meet! - Forums [Biker Match] info of steve jb from Bassett pole meet! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

info of steve jb from Bassett pole meet!

Steve had an accident 6 weeks ago, on his bright red trike, when returning home from Tues Bassett pole meet. He was at Sutton Coldfield just after turning left at Whitehouse common lights when a car with 2 tw**s decided to overtake 2 cars on the on coming traffic to Steve. The car took Steve out and left him for dead!
He was taken to QE because of his injuries where after numerous surgeries ended up with losing his leg just above the knee.
I am telling you this Knowing steve don't want your pity and has a wonderfull wife and family who together have battled most of the demons that something like this can conjure up. Also I and a few of Bmers and friends have made a visit to him an Event (only on f/book at mo) every friday night since we found out, and rather than giving him anything we have found he helped us put a better slant on life.
On this note it is with great pleasure I announce, he is being allowed to visit us at basset's tonight and you can imagine he will be pleased to see as many friendly faces as pos. it will be a busy meet as the weather is so good, so hoping to reserve him a parking spot with the access to leave when needed. if anyone can help i would be grateful. x

Update Reply
bic chick @ 29/05/2012 12:42  

Good luck with this one bc . That's a fantastic attitude you've got there, hun. Steve is lucky to have such fine friends. Wish him well from another BMer

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 29/05/2012 13:19  

Wow!! Am choked... Wow lovely... THAT's a truly fantastic thing you and your friends are doing... Echoing Alice2's sentiments... He is truly blessed to have friends like you and his family round him.. and wish him all the best too

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 29/05/2012 13:58  

see ya there anyone wanna say ello x

Update Reply
bic chick @ 29/05/2012 16:14  

Good meet tonight at Bassett's Stephen had loads of peps there to say hi, and he had a grin as big as jaws chewing on a sumo. So good to see him and he returned on time to hosp' so maybe able to do it again.
whoop whoop!

Update Reply
bic chick @ 29/05/2012 22:14  

what real friends are all about ,this lifted my spirits so much just reading it,he's a man in good company obviously,nuff said x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2012 23:01  

Sorry Lin, only just read this or I would have made my way over, I had it in my head for Friday but then of course you told me it was Bassetts this week because they were giving him permission to come out. Glad he had a good time and got back OK x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2012 23:05  

Bleddy inconsiderate road users! Nice one Steve not letting it get you down. Nice one BC and all those who turned out in support of Steve. Even if I'd seen this thread in time I still wouldn't have been able to make it there but I wanted to give you my support, Steve, and good wishes and a big All the best.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/05/2012 07:37  

What an excellent thing to do for him. I dont know him, dont think i've chatted to him, but once im back at work, i'll be able to go to Bassets pole, and i'll say Hi.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2012 07:57  

Thanks all for your thoughts on this he really is an a incredible man so no hardship to do anything for him as anyone who meets him will tell you. ChilliD look forward to seeing you there to say hi too, bm be great to see you there at some point x, Sandi thanks, jinx' glad he did the same for you and that was just a second hand report lol, rocklish' and alice2 Thoughts passed on ta xxxxx

Update Reply
bic chick @ 30/05/2012 12:15  

Its FRIDAY join us anyone at the QE hospital, birmingham to cheer on the Intrepid biker steve jb

Update Reply
bic chick @ 01/06/2012 01:45  

bump t bump

Update Reply
bic chick @ 01/06/2012 11:28  

Big thanks to bic chick for letting us all know about Stephen. What a legendary bloke he is. And a great grandad at his young age!

Went to see Stephen and his family at the QE last night. Certainly puts things into perspective. When you've got a family and friends like his you're richer and more blessed than the Pope and Bill Gates combined!

And its so nice to see that the National Health Service can still deliver a quality service when the chips are down.

Massive hugs, love and respect for stephen and all his family.

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 02/06/2012 08:11  

How is things with Stephen? My thoughts are with him and his family

Update Reply
davidneale @ 04/06/2012 23:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email