MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Musical Confessions

Musical Confessions - Forums [Biker Match] Musical Confessions - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Musical Confessions

I know we have a thread for "What music are you listening to" and, I've posted a few times, as have others, on there.

Been subscribing to Napster for a couple of years and recently cancelled, due to problems with it. A mate put me on to Spotify and I was listing songs off napster that I wanted to put on Spotify.

I like to think I have an "eclectic" taste when it comes to music but, I had to smile at some of the songs I had down as favourites.

There are obviously some dedicated "Metal and Rockheads" on here, with a smattering of Punk, as you may probably expect from the Bike fraternity. Along with some franlky, obscure, weird and wonderful tastes.

It's not a totally "original" idea but, I wondered would we would "dare to bare" and confess to liking what may be considered as a musical "No no".
As long as it is kept "Civil" and "Jovial" and comments negative or positive are directed at the Music and NOT the person posting. Maybe members could could state if they are prepared to "forgive" a previous poster for thier "Sin" or, if they remain "Unforgiven".

Seeing as I've started this.
I confess, I have actually listened to AND enjoyed this morning,

Hanson - MMMBop
Will Powers - Kissing with Confidence

Am I worthy of your Forgiveness ??

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/05/2012 12:30  

i confess having killed seventeen people that put up town top ranking by althea and donna on jukeboxes down the years.....try it and find out .......and clarkee no,that's like saying morrisey is talented,so no sorry

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/05/2012 15:05  

Hanson!!!....Were you dreaming of riding an Electra Glide on the California Turnpike at the time?? UNFORGIVABLE Clarkee!!! .................................................................................

Update Reply
old red @ 23/05/2012 15:12  

Oh my word.. I am going to join Clarkee on this one... I know no shame.. I actually found some of the Hanson members strangely attractive at one point in my distant murky past.. and yes.. I'm old enough to be their mother!! And yes.. I have danced to them on a carpeted dancefloor in a rural pub in my time.. infact.. for posterity purposes alone I'm going to go You-tube them... Clarkee hunny.. you're forgiven!! And thank you for what I think is going to be a wickedly lush topic of conversation!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 23/05/2012 15:23  

Jinx on my last nightshift,monday night into tuesday, Althea and Donna was on the radio. One of my workmates confessed to liking it...may have identified another victim for you.

Red, all I have to say in my defence is....

Mmmbop ba pah doo wop........

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/05/2012 15:27  

ThanKs RCDL

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/05/2012 15:41  

Great lyricists those young lads weren't they. Even my ex would only comment "drummers cute but what's the words??...It's sh!te".

Update Reply
old red @ 23/05/2012 15:52  

Laughing out loud at Old Red I did just "check them out" on youtube.. was "shocked" at how young they were.. till I realised I was only 24 at the time.. Vindicated!! Now.. "One Direction" ~ A Tale for another day me thinks... I've said too much already..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 23/05/2012 16:03  

...errr......I really like Will Young........ & Clarkee - you're forgiven......my foot is tapping at the memory of MMMmbop... & even Kissing with confidence!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/05/2012 17:58  

As a life long confirmed metaller I should be ashamed by the following. But I'm not, it was too ace by far.
Charles and eddy- would I lie to you.
Epic!
Own up, you're singing along already aren't you?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2012 18:07  

wookii69....er.....I've listened to that too today !!!
It is an epic and you're forgiven

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/05/2012 18:52  

I've got no idea who Hanson are, so don't know if you deserve forgiveness!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 23/05/2012 18:59  

"Look into my eyes" , Charles and Eddy eh.... oh memories, you are well and truly forgiven lol ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2012 19:03  

Ok, here's a contentious one. Every year through some of the 90's i would look forward with glee to going to my favourite concert of the year............ Gary Glitters Christmas Gang Show. However, the man is a sicko, so i wont contibute to his royalties, by buying any of his back catalogue. Am i forgiven for past enjoyment? Wookie, that tune reminds me so much of the 2 years i spent backpacking through Asia and Oz. Classic. BTW. This thread should be entitled, Guilty Pleasures. I also have a fondness for Neil Diamond. I'll just go now shall i?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2012 19:08  

ChilliD, forgiven for the Neil Diamond......Back in the day, none of us realised Mr Gadd's sick, secret life anyway.

I wonder if someone is going to own up to liking something like, "Billy don't be a Hero"?

Update Reply
clarkee @ 23/05/2012 20:15  

Billy.. don't be a hero,..don't be a fool with your life... Billy..don't be a hero.. come back and make me your wife... Is that the one.. Paper Lace... Hmmmmmm... can't remember it off the top of my head As for Neil Diamond.. manohman... singing on the night bus "love on the rocks" after the all night Mayfair {{rock venue}} Wicked memories!! ALL of You... Right Royally Forgiven cos this thread is keeping me smiling like a Cheshire Cat... And as he started to go she said Billy..keep your head lowwwwwww.. Billy.. don't be a hero.. come back to meeeeeeeeeee

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 23/05/2012 20:49  

Burning Ring of Fire... Johnny Cash!!! {{sing it all the time}} There.. I said it... I feel cleansed....

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 23/05/2012 20:51  

Clarkee, you are definitely forgiven for Mmmm Bop
I also confess to loving Uptown Top Ranking as well
and Neil Diamond

...and I totally adore Hall & Oates

and for my real confession....I still have a soft spot for David Soul's Don't Give Up On Us Baby

Not doing much for my HippyRockChick image

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 23/05/2012 20:59  

David soul!!!!!! Absolutely forgiven. Classic.
There are always songs that you hate, but get stuck in your head when you hear them. Simply red- stars is mine........ Bloody anemic carrot top sex dwarf torturing me with his sing along hits........Usually have to lie on the floor and put pantera on full blast to purge it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2012 08:52  

R. Kelly - I believe I can fly............... .................Aaaaaaarrrgghhhhhhhhhhh#!$!%!&!*!@!#!

I spent some time working in an art gallery and picture framers years ago, where the owner believed he could sing!!!!!!...........NO. HE. COULDN'T!!!!!!

And he sang that bl**dy song over&over&over&over&over&over&over again!!!!!!!

As for Neil Diamond ....well the first single I EVER bought was Cracklin' Rosie' ........ FAB! FAB! FAB!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2012 19:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email