MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Coming to a Street near you

Coming to a Street near you  - Forums [Biker Match] Coming to a Street near you  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Coming to a Street near you

I haven’t really got caught up in the excitement of the Olympics but knowing that I’m not able to see the torch’s travels when it comes to my town I found I was disappointed . I've decided that as this is an historic event that I would like to be a part of I will travel a little further to witness a once in a lifetime event For anyone interested in the Torch’s journey click on the link where you can find the date, area, along with the time and street name! http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day1

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 17/05/2012 18:57  

I certainly wont be bothering to watch the opening ceremony, if I wanted to watch several hundred folks who havn't worked for the past 4 years wonder around in tracksuits I'd just sit in our town centre any Saturday

Update Reply
centurion @ 17/05/2012 20:00  

mmmm tickets and souvenirs made abroad and we get to pay for it all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2012 20:36  

Oh gawd is this going to get all political . I was only thinking of the occasion, nothing else and just wanted to share the information with others that might be interested

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 17/05/2012 20:45  

happy to support our country SHAME the organisers think different

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2012 20:53  

Just looked at the route & the torch will pass the end of my road....I'll be in Poland then, though
Glad I'm not about cos it's at 8.30 in the morning....just when I'm normally leaving for work....the air would be blue Sorry BB....my patriotism shows itself in other ways Happily I'm working on the jubilee bank holiday....yeay, double time!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/05/2012 21:45  

Looking forwards to nice empty roads when the olympics are on! I'll not be sat at home watching any of it but out on the bike (assuming its not raining!) Goes for the jubilee stuff too....

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 17/05/2012 22:19  

i'll see you out there somewhere sprint,got better things to do than watch telly....love and kisses,xx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/05/2012 22:31  

Thanks BB.....luckily will be passing quite close to me and I'll be looking forward to seeing it. :>>

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 17/05/2012 22:34  

well on a completley diffrent note the olympic comittee have comissioned a bell to be cast for the opening ceromony and true to british tradition instead of having it cast in taylorsbell foundry the biggest and only purpose built bell foundry in the world in loughborough they ahve given the contract to whitechapel in london who have asked a bell foundry in holland to cast it as they are not capable how pathetic and truly british for the london olympics well done

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 17/05/2012 23:41  

sounds about right for the current bunch of freeloaders we call goernment!! sorry,blackberry,but nobody actually likes this government or their lackeys and if we go the same way after like greece then see you on the same dole queue...............p.s. not political,just fed up

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/05/2012 01:26  

Come on folks don't pee on Blackberry's bonfire, she just wants to celebrate the occasion, please, leave the politics out of it eh?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 01:39  

SORRY!!!!blackberry,just a sore spot. xx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/05/2012 08:03  

im saying nowt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/05/2012 02:55  

It would appear Olympic Euphoria isn't too contagious Karen.... I for one will not be unpacking my red, white and blue pom-poms. 'cept of course for Missy Queeny Jubilee Party..

Update Reply
old red @ 20/05/2012 10:54  

Thanks for the info Karen, very helpful It looks as if I get to see it twice (I know, I'm greedy) 4th July it will come past my work and then the 5th July it passes at the bottom of my road

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2012 11:26  

Thing is Dave I was only giving information for the Torch lol, I'm not *rsed about the politics of it all... just my simple mind me thinks . Pleased to be of use Elaine

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 20/05/2012 11:59  

Thing is, we will never have this happen again in our life time! its a one off. I like you, am not interested about the politic's of it all, just the history!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2012 12:42  

Karen fantastic idea for us far too lazy to hav to search for said torches progress....

Unfortunately working far too much to see the light tho...

Methinks i need a holiday rather than frying my brain with mastering the lights on machines at work....thankfully managed not to turn the intubators or haemofilters off yet!

Keep smiling karen-i luffs ya :-) lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 20/05/2012 13:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email