MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Join the BM Events Team!

Join the BM Events Team! (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Join the BM Events Team! (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Join the BM Events Team!

Wow how many peeps have you got now? That's great to see, sorry I couldn't offer my services, no time unfortunately, but good luck to all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2012 10:21  

it me kaycat thank you all for the coments adout me not being brite enuff to rite the adove postes your confidence in me overwelms me so i gess joining the team is out the question ??as sandi sied *I wish those who don't contribute to the site would stop criticising those who do! " i bring nothing to the site (esept bad spelling )as a side note u mad me cry congrats I don't recall anyone saying you aren't BRIGHT enough to post, but it was the only time that you posted without spelling mistakes and the grammar was correct so naturally we assumed it was someone else who posted, also it came across like it was Andy's opinion. Perhaps if you join the team you will have an idea of what is involved in organising B M events? I would welcome you Kay. As for making you cry, no offence Kay, but you must have known we would respond in the way we did, it wasn't my intention to make you cry, please accept my apologies, as I'm sure it wasn't your intention to make me feel unappreciated. *When I made that comment I meant those who don't organise events, if you have organised events then obviously it didn't apply to you.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/05/2012 10:41  

Kaycat - I don't apologise at all for anything I've said and I stand by my comments 100%. If you've been made to cry then you can go and thank Andy for that. HE made you cry posting under your account pretending to be you.

YOU would not have insulted the events team by calling them the "mutual appreciation team". Andy, however, would - as that's the kind of person he is and why he's banned from the site.

My warning to you early in this forum topic was the second and FINAL warning you will receive (the first warning being via PM earlier).

There's nobody here who genuinely believes your posts earlier in this topic were actually you and not Andy.... unless you've also become a stroppy cynic all of a sudden??? In which case you also wont be welcome here on BM any longer as we're having a good weed out of all the bad attitudes and Negative Nancy's from the site.

Looking forward to a great breath of fresh air this summer - no more moaners dragging the site down, bigger events team, more active members on the site than ever before. Fantastic!

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/05/2012 12:22  

If ya think this year is good wait until you all see next year

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/05/2012 22:27  

With a bit of luck I may be able to ride a bike again by next year

Update Reply
JP @ 12/05/2012 22:36  

Well, as the first event that i have arranged for BM, totally on my own, and with no end of hassles and set backs, is starting this wednesday 16th may in beautiful Snowdonia, I can personally say that, if the event is enjoyed by a few and most have a great time, all the hassles and set backs will be well forgotten.
I will feel so relieved and happy that a tiny bit of stress and annoyances in organising this event, will give BM members a few days of fun, laughter, great company, great roads and scenery!!
And the only reward i desire will be to see the smiles on everyones faces (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it not one of the most unselfish traits of human kind to bring happiness and smiles to others?????

To all new site staff, welcome, good luck and endure because if you bring a smile to someones face it is all worth it!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 13/05/2012 13:29  

Awww wenders that's a lovely post and of course you are quite right and hit the nail on the head Setbacks, obstacles and moaners can be so draining for those doing the organising. But it really is sooooo worth it in the end, cos the vast majority have such a fabby time as I'm sure all the pals going to Snowdonia will find Me, turtle20 & blackberry have been involved in organising some events up here in the Lakes/Dales over the last year or two and we've had some right good laughs I guess I was keeping my head down on this thread cos I know what's involved and how stuff can seem such a hassle at the time <<<<< "More.....you want MORE portaloos!">>>>> Anyway I'm here in the Lakes/ on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and happy to help Laffo with organising anything up here

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/05/2012 14:22  

Welcome to the team... OMNF (aka Nat the new Biker). All alone on the East Midlands team (bless lol).

Thanks Nat!

Chris, don't burn yourself out with all them international events. You mad scot! lol

JP, you and me both buddy :-(

Wenders, Well said! And your hard work IS massively appreciated. If you need me to contact folks that area via PM let me know asap via PM (write up a PM for me to send out). Hopefully it will be a great success.

Minnie, by helping out are you volunteering for the Mutual Appreciation Team also? :-D Drop me a PM to confirm as I need you to do a few things (initiation ceremony, be prepared lol).

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/05/2012 15:49  

Just back from a wickedly lush weekend at Squires.. made a few contacts with a group called "Dying to Ride" who are local to Newcastle/Northumberland.. Its a charity organisation who host events.. but manohman can the pair of organisers talk!! Their mouths never stopped and I'm an apple smelling pussy cat bizarrely but in a nut shell.. staying in touch and organising some stuff for BM members to attend too... so watch this space and any local events by them am taking myself along and promoting BM... ~ Soooo need pompoms.. posters and a "new pair of boots and outfit" budget if you please

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 13/05/2012 16:33  

Well just post up what thay send

Update Reply
JP @ 13/05/2012 16:43  

There is a lot of work put into the events and I think some people don't realise this or understand (although most do). I have also on my trips heard what folk will say to others but not to me as the organiser. People need to remember when organising events especially larger ones is that you/we can't please everyone.

If they don't have the gumtion to tell you then it's not a problem, it can be too easy to take it to heart after all the work that is put in.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one

Germany April and Alps Sept so happy to have a few events staff along to help me if they like

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/05/2012 19:12  

MadScot it definitely sounds a big job to arrange. I will be very interested in joining in some trips abroad in the future but i only passed test in February so still learning the ropes and Olympics this year has basically wiped out my summer (not allowed leave from work). Wenders your Snowdonia weekend sounds great and i definitely would have been coming if i hadn't already arranged a meet for the same weekend. Next time though so keep them coming.

Update Reply
OMNF @ 13/05/2012 20:30  

I'll see ya in Germany next year hehehehe

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/05/2012 20:46  

I may regret saying this but i do speak limited German!

Update Reply
OMNF @ 13/05/2012 21:19  

Just like Minnie said organising event can be challenging but most certainly worth it. I've enjoyed every event I've been involved with, whether it's organising, helping out or attending.

Laffo - if you're gonna organise a ride out in the Lakes what about tying it in with my "Butties and Brews at Barn Farm" next one 3rd June?

Update Reply
Turtle20 @ 13/05/2012 21:46  

"LMF, apologies I meant stop moaning and protesting in the forums. The more people like you do this the more you drag the site down with you. I meant for you to contact me directly. I'd not had any contact from you prior to your outburst here in the forums and that isn't right. You know I'm always here to listen to suggestions, complaints etc and would appreciate you contact me directly rather than painting an ugly picture in the forums for all newbies to see."

*Cough* Ahem! If someone expresses their opinion is referred to as a moaner, you're not going to have many people left on the site.

You could just PM people and air your dislike to their post, instead of post it like the above response to Kaycat's post. Remember, the newbies can see the negativity and what sounds like you basically threatening people in the public forums...

Sorry, but I had to air my views, no doubt I will get my head bitten off for having an opinion...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2012 21:58  

You'll never get your head bitten off just for having views. However, you attitude changed a lot recently and from what I've heard it's because of a low attendance at an event you organised. Forget it, move on. So X people put their name down and only Y turned up. It happens, sorry.

And as for Kaycat... i DID first send a PM to warn that her partner who is banned from BM may not use her account. Then he did in this topic and so my 2nd (and final) warning was here in the forum (reason being that she would have her account deleted next and her friends might wonder why, so my public post was to let her friends know that she's close to being removed).

Next?

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/05/2012 22:10  

All this constant bickering isn't just driving away newbies.

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/05/2012 22:11  

I'm not bitter due to low attendance at the event, we had a great time and met some great people.

The attitude of the site has changed recently in my honest opinion. You can't have a view or opinion, if you do you are classed as a moaner or a whinger. If people want to get something off their chest, let them do it, we are all adults. You can't have control over everything Matt, it's healthy to have a bit of banter.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2012 22:21  

Just my 2pence worth.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and we should all respect that other folk may disagree with you.

A lot of the time its down to the way things are worded, the written word can be and IS interpretted in 1001 ways depending on who is reading it. So sometimes if something has our races pulsing, maybe its wise to draft it first leave it 10 mins then go back and take another look (i admit to doing this on more than one occasion and not on others). It can happen that things typed in haste may not tell your full disagreement or agreement.

Geeze hope that makes sense, the drugs have me i'm afraid lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/05/2012 23:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email