MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Run to the Sun (Aug 2012)

Run to the Sun (Aug 2012) - Forums [Biker Match] Run to the Sun (Aug 2012) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Run to the Sun (Aug 2012)

Hi everybody - should have done this ages ago, didn't find the site until yesterday!!! Off to the Island of Crete in August. Taking the France - Switzerland-Italy - mainland Greece route. If anyone who is mad enough and has time on their hands would like to join me on the full run or any part, let me know and we can maybe arrange dates. Cheers, Chris. Would also consider a pilly, weight permitting!

Update Reply
tri885 @ 07/05/2012 08:58  

Welcome to the site, Sounds like fun!! are you going alone or with others?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2012 10:43  

Elliemay, planned to go all on my lonesome. Not too bad really, as I have friends over there.

Something i have been meaning to do for quite some time - it's now or never!

Unless I really like it, and then I will do it all over again.

Cheers

Chris.

Update Reply
tri885 @ 07/05/2012 14:38  

So how long will this little pootle take Chris?? Crete sounds nice for next year...

Update Reply
old red @ 07/05/2012 22:59  

Well,old red - we have the theory and then we have the practice! I am hoping to take ferry to France and ride to Swiss border. Hole up for the night and make an early start the next morning to get to Ancona. Overnight boat trip to the Greek mainland, Patras, then a shortish ride to Piraeus ferry port in the south of Greece. Another overnight ferry to Heraklion, and there we are. Three days in total - the theory! What will happen in practice, God only knows. I have asked myself whether this is a mid-life crisis thing going on. And after searching my heart, realised that no, I have always been this stupid! And I would do it any year! Chris.

Update Reply
tri885 @ 08/05/2012 07:05  

Fookin long haul for 3 days that one Chris!!!....But probably do-able.. If you do it this year I may be interested in joining you if you repeat it 2013. Not a mid-life crisis at all mate, just things to do before we die..

Update Reply
old red @ 08/05/2012 12:07  

Certainly is red, two 450 mile days, but I reckon the bike will be up to it, It's me I'm worried about! I do know a Dutch girl who drove from Holland to Ancona in 1 day - she is one hard woman though!

Update Reply
tri885 @ 08/05/2012 12:17  

You're at wings & wheels this weekend aren't you? We are meeting at Mc D's at Beccles roundabout beforehand so will chat about this one at the weekend..

Update Reply
old red @ 08/05/2012 12:49  

Yes I am planning to be there, Elaine is getting back to me with a time to meet at the sign of the Golden Arches! Chris.

Update Reply
tri885 @ 09/05/2012 11:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email