MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The Biker Nod

The Biker Nod (3) - Forums [Biker Match] The Biker Nod (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The Biker Nod

I'm forever giving other bikers the nod.... some nod back.... stick their leg out or wave.... I always think the ones that don't just think they are above the rest of us for some reason. They have no biker etiquette!!!! When cars let me through I always put my hand up to say thank you.... when cars try to close the gap on me though then I acknowledge them too by "re-aligning" their mirrors slightly.... just my way of returning the "annoyance factor" they extended to me

Update Reply
tiber69 @ 08/10/2010 23:05  

I like to pull up along side and hang around a bit even when they decide to move and let the vance and hines rip,and the thumbs up to show my appreciation for eventually moving of course.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 08/10/2010 23:27  

I nod at all and sundary, don't always get one back though, odd thing is cruisers riders don't nod back when I'm my Gixer, but do most times when I'm on the SP-1 must be a twin thing I think it's the older bikers who nod more than younger ones because when I started riding all bikers nodded, and visiting continental ones waved.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2010 21:36  

Not really a nodder, not because I'm un-friendly, but mainly because I forget to.
I learnt to ride in and around London and there are just so many bikes, you'd end up like the 'Churchill' dog.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 26/10/2010 21:44  

I ride a Harely and have to admit that alot of Harley riders don't nod. I, on the other hand am a serial nodder and do feel peeved we I get no response back. I have conculded though, that the other bikers have probably been ignored on several occasions by Harley riders so they think I won't nod either - phew that was long winded Anyway I you see me, Streetbob with flames - I travel to England alot as well - WAVE please and I will do the same

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 26/10/2010 23:08  

I`m finding at the moment in the rain and frost that they all seem to nod/wave back i think its shock seeing a tractor out in that sort of weather,but i have given up waving to tractor riders when i`m on the zl coz they don`t acknowledge.

Update Reply
simonchev @ 26/10/2010 23:35  

^^^Ouch!
Bet the Blade rider I overtook on my John Deere didn't tell his mates

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 27/10/2010 00:00  

I always thought it was a mutual respect thing,Biker t'Biker, must be getting old and confusing the past and present.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 27/10/2010 00:29  

we should stick together regardless as to what your riding ! after all sometimes it feels like it's us against the world ! ...nods all round i say !

Update Reply
honda baby @ 27/10/2010 00:37  

it was always a wave when I was younger,nobody really nodded as far as I remember but the left hand always went up.everybody stopped for everyone else too

Update Reply
pondlife @ 27/10/2010 07:07  

Nods are for people like me who accidentally wave with their right hand :/

I even nod to scooters. If I get no acknowledgment then I don't worry too much, they may pick the etiquette up if enough people nod at them is my thinking.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 27/10/2010 07:18  

It's rude not to Nod its a brothers of the road thing i Nod everyone.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2010 20:09  

Hi all, I have been riding for about 24 yrs off and on. I found that when i started on my trailie i got nods off other 125'rs then as i progressed up the ladder i found that i got nods off bigger bikes.I rode zx9r for 11 yrs and found that i was nodded at by all apart from the goldwingers and pan people with exceptions mind you. now im riding a pan i get the nod off them and most sports bikes and cruisers lol. i nod to all including scooter boys and girls but they mostly seem to busy trying not to run up some car drivers backside. still they got to start somewhere i suppose. regards gaz

Update Reply
Gsadventuregaz @ 29/10/2010 21:14  

I always nod, even managed it on my test.

Newbie on site so is the Nod feature the same thing or is it more of a wink in terms of the dating part of the site? Or either or both?

Update Reply
Palamie @ 06/11/2010 20:27  

palamie i think its down to the individuals perception of a nod... i never used to return nods, now i do; to me it just means hi...! if people misinterpret the intent, then im sure as adults we can put the record straight! lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2010 20:32  

Geordielass. Hi- just sent you one LOL

Update Reply
Palamie @ 06/11/2010 20:34  

@Palamie

I go by what it says in someones profile, if they are looking for friends, then its a 'Hi', other than that, a nod is as good as a wink.

Hehe got that in there

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 06/11/2010 20:41  

Dynatoon I walked right into that one. LOL

Update Reply
Palamie @ 06/11/2010 20:42  

ty palamie.. ive returned it hun!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2010 20:44  

BM is a good place nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 06/11/2010 22:59