MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The Biker Nod

The Biker Nod (4) - Forums [Biker Match] The Biker Nod (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The Biker Nod

Always nodded or flashed headlights to other bikers. Even do it to scooters now. Didn't do it to scooters when i started biking........ we were at war! (daft kids) lol.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 07/11/2010 01:35  

@Brough
My Da owned a garage in the 60's and come the weekend would get very nervous, both the greasers and mods used to use his garage, but fortunately never at the same time.
My Da kept a wheel brace under the counter, just in case

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 07/11/2010 10:10  

Always nod to other Bikers. not so much to scooters, but it depends on how they ride, I ride a cruiser, so get a mixed reaction and I have to admit, sometimes I'm concentrating too hard on staying alive,

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 07/11/2010 10:21  

Always nod to other bikers when can see them now with scooters too being at war with the f**king goverment trying to ban bikes sod them to hell

Update Reply
shadowguyver @ 07/11/2010 16:51  

Ok, this weekend I got 'nodded' by a mobility scooter, and all I could do was nod back, and yes it felt very strange and bloody confusing.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 08/11/2010 14:49  

Hope it wasnt overtaking ya at the time Dyna

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 08/11/2010 15:00  

@FXR , well played Sir.

As a Hawg owner you know thats just a myth, right ?

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 08/11/2010 16:14  

Could be an ex-biker after all ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 08/11/2010 17:19  

There is that possibility, I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but highly highly unlikely, wish I had a pick and you would understand, I don't want to be cruel but.....
Its possible it wasn't a nod and the front wheel went down a pot-hole, a sort of default nod if you like, lol.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 08/11/2010 17:57  

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 08/11/2010 18:24  

Allways nod or gesture to other bikers when I can - when not hanging off lardy lol - and still find an amazing comraderie umungst us 2 wheeled brigade.
Think its so important to thank the motorists for thier considerate move or signal to let you go or pass them. Dont forget lots of them are bikers too but more and more motorists in my experience are giving us that bit of space or consideration - and more will if we thank them.
Pleased to thank all bikers everywhere that make sure you are ok in the layby even when just having a ciggie stop -have been helped a few times and returned the favour many times over the years.
Still feel privelaged to be part of such a community

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 08/11/2010 19:44  

the only time i don't nod at someone on two wheels is at night, that and when i see some idiot kid riding a scooter in helmet and shorts, that really irritates me.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 10/11/2010 19:20  

I managed to give the nod, leg and wave all at the same time while filtering along a mega motorway tailback during peak season in France this summer - aaaarh! Mad!!!!
If I give any of these in day to day riding - cherish the moment - cos if I don't its because I am hanging on for dear life or doing my very best to keep the rubber side up!!!

Update Reply
Gyps @ 10/11/2010 21:36  

rubber side down is best ;)

Update Reply
dunans @ 10/11/2010 21:58  

Doh! la vino .....

Update Reply
Gyps @ 10/11/2010 22:03  

I always give a nod, or on motorways, left hand when overtaking and right when overtaken. Learners and even plod get them too. At the end of the day, we all love our two wheels, and it's just so right we acknowledge others for having the same good sense to get them too

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 12/11/2010 16:01  

I took my bike in for it's MOT this morning and as I WALKED back I nodded at a biker. Do I need help?? Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2010 11:28  

I very often nod when I'm in the car, so it's not just you LR....

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 16/11/2010 13:31  

That's ok then lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2010 13:35  

Caint beat a nod to other car drivers lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2010 16:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email