MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (14) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (14) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Glad we didn't build Concorde like that...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/10/2017 22:41  

Took me a while to login. Reason being I don't let PC save passwords or usernames as I have a password program that autofills empty username and password fields, however your new site does not have empty fields they are prefilled with names etc, this stops my password program working, I know that not many people will have this facility but it would be helpful to me at leaset if you left the username and password input boxes empty. Good work anyway. ATB

Update Reply
Bikerboy47 @ 05/10/2017 22:46  

Thanks for the feedback.
I can advise you that chrome also remembers your username and passwords, and it works fine with both the old and new Bikermatch.

Hope you still like it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2017 23:00  

Hey Matt (BMv2) on the front page 'Meet The Members' is it possible to slow down the speed of the profiles appearing/disappearing a little?

The scrolling profiles are difficult to read and made me a tad dizzy!!! I know I'm getting old!

Any chance of getting some colour in chat i.e. font? It looks bare, unfriendly and a tad boring atm.

Otherwise, I'm getting used to finding things, now. I've been dipping in n out of both versions for the past few weeks. Tbh, I quite like it. **Thumbs up**

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/10/2017 23:29  

Is there a way of seeing who's viewed you and sent a nod. Don't seem to be able to see it anywhere.

Update Reply
Ollie22 @ 05/10/2017 23:31  

Lindsay - how fast is it scrolling for you? Should be about 1.5 seconds per move which seems reasonable on my computer. You can also use your mouse/finger to scroll the list left and right if you missed someone.

I deliberately removed the chatroom colours because I find it gets 'messy' and looks cheap. It's also one less button to find space for. I'm trying to keep the new site clean-looking and professional. I will review my choices in a few months, but for now please see how it goes for you without the colour options.

Glad you like the new site though!

Ollie - Welcome to the site! Yes if you go to My Account \ Profile you can see who has viewed you (and who you viewed). Nods are no longer visible as a list - but you get a private message when someone nods at you.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2017 23:42  

From the brief mooch round I had Matt, it looks fine to me.... easy to navigate, decent looking menu/headings..... No negs from me doowd.... Well done

Update Reply
yorkshiremonkey1 @ 06/10/2017 08:00  

Thanks Monkey! Glad you like it.

Keep the feedback coming guys. I've already started making a little list of bugs from all the PMs I've received and will start working on them in priority order this weekend

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 08:04  

Hi and thank you first off all. Just wondered if the search range could go lower than 50miles. Also, could the distance away be shown with the photo like the old site? Regards, Dave

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2017 09:01  

Hello Matt
Would it be possible to have the search Millage reduced from 50 miles on new site and have member's star sign displayed and able too select star sign's in searches
Ross

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2017 09:24  

Morning Matt,
My feedback is, select forums, then 'all topics' BUT same as the old site, it doesn't automatically open, general chat, jokes and Birthday forums !?!
Otherwise can't complain :-)

Update Reply
555byker @ 06/10/2017 11:38  

Hey Dave - I've changed it now to add 20 miles as the lowest. Default is 100. I could add the distance to the photo but I can't think where I can squeeze it in. Also, it's not 100% accurate, in that I only use a postcode database based on the first part of postcode region (AB12, AB13, AB14 etc) which are quite large areas.
I hope changing the lower limit is enough to help you for now.

Hi Ross - Oh star signs, never even thought of that. Is that something others would also like to see?

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 11:39  

555byker - You're right. By default it filters out jokes, birthday wishes, etc as there's just too much there that the majority aren't interested in.
However, it does remember what you select. So if you go away and browse profiles, message whatever and then go back to the forums - it'll still keep your previous settings. It only "forgets" when you logout or go offline.
I will add a "Select all" and "Select None" and "select default" option.

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 11:42  

ADDED: 😁 Smiley support.
Using the built-in keyboards on most devices you can normally add smileys now. Catkins kindly destroyed the chatroom this morning which made me realise that they were no supported. Well, now they are :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 13:02  

ADDED: Ability to enable/disable your profile from the Edit Profile page:
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/myaccount/edit-profile.asp

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 13:45  

UPDATED: It's no longer possible to view someone's photos unless you yourself have your profile enabled. You can't disable your profile and then expect to view other people's photos

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 14:03  

Well done Matt like it.
Can the "open chatroom" label be closed or moved if we don't want it, it covers some of the search functions
On my smart phone screen

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2017 14:20  

Hi mate
What kind of phone do you have? I'll check out the resolution.

I can maybe make it smaller. I am hoping to get more people using it though. It gives the site a much more interactive feeling

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 14:36  

ADDED: All/Default/Next buttons above the categories on the forums.

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2017 15:16  

Regarding Star Signs/Distance

Surely it's a great conversation starter (if you are into that sort of thing!)? Why do we need to fill out every little detail of our existence. It's great being able to chat to someone and find out who they are, what makes them tick and more importantly do they make you smile, on the inside as well as on the outside!

Finding the 'right' person isn't easy as we all know but dismissing someone because you don't know their star sign/it's the wrong one (?!) or they live 20 miles further away than you wish to travel is sad.

You never know, the art of conversation may just lead you to 'The One'.

If it's mates/riding buddies you're looking for, distance isn't so much of a problem. Chat, get to know folk, suggest a meeting point between everyone n turn up!

Matt, as you can gather, neither are of importance to me personally. It's rapport, banter and most definitely folk who get out there n enjoy life.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/10/2017 20:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email