MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (10) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Jenny - you cannot yet see who has viewed you etc. Them detailed features will be waiting until the end. At the moment I'm building the forums.

FYI folks, you can now create a new topic in the forums via the new site (only available if you login though)...
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/forum

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/07/2017 21:46  

Rightyho Matt. Thanks :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2017 22:31  

Started working on the posts display (when you open a forum topic and see the posts).

To see this current topic on the new site click here:
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=14761&page=11

Please give me your feedback.

Still to do:
add buttons / options / admin items

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2017 00:13  

Looks a bit clinical far too clean. It needs distressing a bit

Update Reply
JP @ 26/07/2017 04:10  

Matt I have had a couple of tread posts disappear at 1st I thought it was me due to using the phone. I posted this morning on the Barmouth camp and its disappeared again. Think you got gremlins in the threads.

Update Reply
JP @ 26/07/2017 06:03  

had a proper look round. Wasn't sure about the events at first, but used it a few times now and the click on a day and it zips down to the relevant point is ok, although I'm guessing others wont like it. Once you get your bearings etc its fine. Its like learning the old site when you first joined.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 26/07/2017 08:14  

NEW - You can now reply to forum topics via the new website! I'm writing this now from the new site.

AAAAANNNNNNDDD.... (you will like this)... when you post a message, if it is not successful or goes missing then you will get a warning message giving you the chance to post again! The page will only refresh when the new post is confirmed.

The "Post Reply" button also disables as soon as you hit it so prevent folks posting duplicates. It will re-enable itself if the message was not successfully posted.

Pffff that was a LOT of work. But I'm going to duplicate some of the code to the new private messenger page to hopefully prevent missing messages their also.

One more thing: There's no smileys at the moment. I need to find a way to allow them without breaking the security of the site. Easier said than done.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2017 14:19  

"Report", "Edit" and "Delete" buttons added.

The Edit and Delete ones will bounce you to the old site with a warning that you're going to the old site.

Also buttons to jump to first and last page, so you don't need to go next...next...next

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2017 14:48  

Just had a look at forums on the new site but there was no button to post a reply .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2017 15:29  

'Distressing a bit'
Lol JP

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 26/07/2017 15:47  

Yarg
It's at the bottom under the last post.
You have to be logged in to see it

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2017 18:11  

A thousand pardons, I,m old and senile.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2017 18:19  

I just followed the link to the new site and this must be a first for anyone, I see what JP means about being clean, the first thought to come to mind for me was bland.
To me it looked like I'd done a Google search and that was the results.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/07/2017 18:50  

Ragnar, you will get used to it mate.

Scruffy, "busy" looking websites are history. They don't work at all on mobile phones. BM needs to move with the times or else it too will be history.

Don't forget the site isn't finished yet. There will be more and more things added as we go along. I will be adding a chatroom, forum to homepage, etc etc.

Try using the new site for a week, at least the areas that are already finished, then give me some more feedback please.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2017 18:59  

Jinx/JP - I've fixed the breaking-words issue on the NEW website only (forums and private messages).

Words will now only break if absolutely necessary (like they are too long).

ForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExampleForExample

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/07/2017 19:35  

Matt - is it possible to move the PM send button outside the proximity of the text message box?

Ideally, needs to come down and right, I would think.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 26/07/2017 21:44  

On the new site,i've just gone to put captions on photos i took/added tonight...but there's no way to add caption to photo on here...comments?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/07/2017 22:16  

Matt I just used the link to go to the new site and when i clicked on a forum topic nothing happened.
On the original site the list of people who have viewed my profile is disappearing? 
Why is that? 
Jinx, I'm  guessing that Matt isn't  sorting out some actions until the major work is done. I remember Matt saying a while ago that he was prioritising his tasks.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/07/2017 11:20  

Not sure if I'm. Doing this. Right just joined the. The site. So hi

Update Reply
Driver David 64 @ 31/07/2017 07:22  

Welcomee to bm don't worry nobody knows what the he'll is going on at the min so have a look though the threads and if your interested in any of the meets or events get your self along and say hi. If you fancy the barmouth camp your welcome to come along and join in meet the inmates and have a laugh

Update Reply
JP @ 31/07/2017 12:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email