MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Tyre price - being ripped off?

Tyre price - being ripped off? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Tyre price - being ripped off? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Tyre price - being ripped off?

Well i just picked up a Bridgestone BT003 sports tyre from a racing mate, he even fitted it to the wheel and balanced it for me... .60 euros, bob on! :-D

I even managed to take the wheel off and fit it back on again, myself, with a screwed up back :-D (Yes it is a lot more difficult than it sounds with a 20kg wheel and only 2 hands).

Seems to be working, now im ready for summer :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/04/2012 17:28  

Hey! Mister D, you're supposed to be RESTING not putting bleddy tyres on your bike. The only tyres you'll be needing to know the price of will be for a wheelchair if you don't slow down!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/04/2012 23:10  

i know, sorry mum :-D seriously driving me mad being at home though so had to go out and do something today finally.

Back to resting tomorrow though. And on Sunday I have a "special someone" from BM coming to babysit and nurse me all week!!! ;-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/04/2012 23:24  

PML @ 'mum' Bored are ya?, so do a crossword, take up knitting. Special? LOL if they are from Birmingham and male I'd cancel 'em

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/04/2012 23:33  

Lol actually she's a "Posh Hobbit" I call her - from Leicestershire

Sounds like an educated brummie (sorry I know I'm gonna get slapped for that but it's worth it lol )

She also hurt her back, broke it in January... and somehow we are gonna party together on Sunday. Be like two wheelchair users pushing each other

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/04/2012 00:38  

Be like two wheelchair users pushing each other

Who's taking the photos, this I gotta see?

Enjoy yourself but be rait carefull wint ya?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/04/2012 00:41  

Hi Matt try M & P they always have a sale on and they post 2 tyres to me in France for about 12 euros,the last set only took 2days to arrive!I fit my own so it saves me about 30euros,and its not as hard as you think,and balancing easy enuff. TK

Update Reply
DT @ 08/04/2012 15:00  

for once "Rip-off Britain" does not apply From previous experiences tyres tend to be more expensive abroad.

Update Reply
Abandon-Chips @ 08/04/2012 23:40  

Just bought a set of new pilotroad 2's fitted and balanced on loose wheels for 220 - and they cleaned and polished me wheels too :) gotta clean the rest of the bike now, I suppose ......

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 09/05/2012 19:58  

I had a pair of BT23 fitted last week took the whole bike in as I dont have a car to take loose wheels in, on an R1 £270 fitting, Balance and tyre

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 09/05/2012 20:07  

I don't know about the BT023, but I had a pair of BT021's fitted by a BMW Main dealer, and that cost me £230. So 280 euro's for 1 is definitely too high. John

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 09/05/2012 20:10  

hi i just had front and rear dunlops fitted on my zzr1100 with new valves and both balanced £217

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 02/06/2012 23:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email