MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Biking when pregnant

Biking when pregnant - Forums [Biker Match] Biking when pregnant - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Biking when pregnant

Ok who knows the answer to this... If I get pregnant (I'm trying, ok lol) is bike insurance invalidated?

A lass I'm talking to says so and I'm really surprised.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/03/2012 02:25  

From all I can see, no your insurance is fine,

It's like driving a car, not recommend after a certain stage, and there are lots of concerns on how the noise and vibrations can affect the baby.

However found this and clearly no issues with it at all, well certainly from the UK no issues insurance wise.

http://www.keepbritainbiking.com/blog/should-pregnant-ladies-ride-motorcycles/

Ps. Good luck Matt ... ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/03/2012 03:44  

Matt! You said you were havin' your back operated on, now the truth comes out, no pun intended. Maybe the invalidation kicks in, again no pun intended, IF the pregnant person tries to sue for damages to the unborn baby? Maybe the insurance companies see it as that person's choice to ride pillion when pregnant therefore self-inflicted injuries?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/03/2012 05:30  

may be your insurance is invalid if you don't have pillion cover?
Mate of mine rode while pregnet. she only stopped when the bump got in the way.

Update Reply
Phil @ 30/03/2012 09:35  

If your pregnant does that count as carrying a Pillion???
Give a different meaning to 2 up at well!

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 30/03/2012 09:55  

no it doesnt affect your insurance unless its mentioned specified in the policy. rode while pregnant with all mine....mind you back then no one batted an eyelid....no doubt the dogooders will have plenty to say now.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/03/2012 15:08  

Never thought of it but you can put money on them changing the policys as soon as thay see this thread

Update Reply
JP @ 30/03/2012 19:45  

Yea she says it's on her policy that she can't ride when pregnant.

That begs the question - what if you don't know you're pregnant??

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/03/2012 21:09  

As a bloke I cant say but I would think a women would have a dam good Idea when she is ? and I will not say just cus she is getting fat well before that starts I recon thay must know I know Im going to get it in the neck now so grab a stick and start bashing me

Update Reply
JP @ 30/03/2012 21:17  

you're right JP most women know when they are pregnant. with my 3rd one i knew on 6th jan having conceived on 31st dec which was 10 days before it was confirmed! yes i know way to much info! lol so @ Matt i guess the question would be "is she pregnant?" and who is "she"????? lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/03/2012 23:21  

What begs the question Matt .. Are you pregnant yet ? and if not .. you`re not trying hard enough .. lol

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 30/03/2012 23:21  

I agree Kwak, like you I knew as soon as I became pregnant

However on girl I work with, who also rides, has ... Shall we say ... Had no bodily changes whatsoever ... And has just discovered that the excessive - wind moving round in her tummy, and feeling bloated - is due to her being 6 months pregnant.

Her other half is in Afghanistan so all fingers crossed he comes home safe.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/03/2012 05:48  

you're always seeing stories of women getting told they're pregnant well into pregnancy though, usually in them crappy women's magazines mi mam used to read.

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/03/2012 18:46  

and then she posts them over to you when she has finished reading them. what else are you going to do while while your flat on your back. watch Jeremy kyle on satellite??

Update Reply
Phil @ 05/04/2012 17:11  

PML @ Pagan's post

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/04/2012 15:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email