MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Help with lambing

Help with lambing - Forums [Biker Match] Help with lambing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Help with lambing

Hi, I've just finished college and am looking for work......any of you have a farm and need help with lambing?

If you're not able to pay I could volunteer

Thanks,
Linda.

P.S....I live in the West Yorkshire area but am willing to travel.

Update Reply
loving it @ 27/03/2012 12:57  

awwww Good luck, with this Loving, I hope someone comes to your aid

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/03/2012 17:05  

Thanks Shell....I've just rung a farm in Northumbria that was advertising a position for farm hand to help with lambing for three weeks.....When he asked me my age, and i told him, he sounded really negative!....50 is not that bad surely

Update Reply
loving it @ 27/03/2012 18:33  

well hope not ... I am not far behind you & would say I am a sure bet for a job as I wont be leaving to have kids (been there done that), know what it is to commit to something (or should that be committed? )

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/03/2012 18:44  

......seems we live in quite an ageist society, shame really we have so much to offer and as you say no little ones to tie us down anymore.

Anyway just rung a farm in Skipton and offered my services to help with the lambing and the farmers wife sounded lovely and said she would speak to her husband....I do hope he says yes.

Update Reply
loving it @ 27/03/2012 19:13  

Hey there - have a word with Fastjock - I kow he works on a farm (he's near Ripon) mind, he works with cows (milkers) so not necesssarily a sheep farm(?) Maybe worth PMing him though see if he knows of anywhere?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 28/03/2012 07:55  

good luck, hope U get something..Andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 28/03/2012 08:28  

Thanks Andy and HFG.....will pm fastjock

Update Reply
loving it @ 28/03/2012 08:37  

Hey Lovin it sweety, just an idea for ya hun, put an advertisement on "GUMTREE" website offering your help with lambing!!! Its free and loads ask for work on there! May find farmers asking for help on there, its a good site!!! Only an idea hun!!!!!

Good luck anyways and hope to see you somewhere soon out and about

Update Reply
wenders @ 28/03/2012 10:18  

thanks Wendersbut i've got the job i rang about yesterday.....three weeks after easter lambing on a farm in Northumberland......So excited I can't wait.

Update Reply
loving it @ 28/03/2012 14:25  

What's more I get to go around the farm on a quad!!!......just gets better and better.....only need this gorgeous weather to continue and it will be perfect.

Update Reply
loving it @ 28/03/2012 14:28  

Well done Linda, what a lovely thread, say 'Hello' to *Shaun for me That's one job I couldn't do even if I was fit enough, I'm allergic to sheep. *Shaun the Sheep' kids T V programme.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/03/2012 22:55  

Thanks Sandi....I'm off to visit the farm on Saturday and have a look around....I can't wait.

Update Reply
loving it @ 29/03/2012 10:46  

Good Luck, the farmers need all the help they can get at the moment with this sheep disease. Deformed limbs, so very sad to see. xktx

Update Reply
ktU2 @ 29/03/2012 11:07  

Good luck hon, hope you get sorted, had a wee drive past the local farms to see if they looked Luke they needed help ... All the ickle lambs have already arrived ... Sorry ... (But they did look oh so sweet)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/03/2012 03:54  

I hate this ageist thing when looking for jobs. When I was running pubs and employing people I always looked for those over 35 because I could almost guarantee reliability. Something that seems to be lost on employers these days. Anyway, good luck with the farm and lambing, and save a few chops for me.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 01/04/2012 01:34  

Nice one! Love a story with a happy end. Not many of them around these days.....well done.

Update Reply
Knightrider1 @ 02/04/2012 18:32  

Well done Loving it - Congrats on the college course and landing yourself some work in what is I imagine still a male dominated career. Good luck x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2012 20:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email