MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Killjoys!!

Killjoys!! - Forums [Biker Match] Killjoys!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Killjoys!!

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Perthshire/article/215...aints.html Saddens me to hear of this refusal! A Perthshire motorcycle track which attracts riders from as far afield as Yorkshire and Shetland has had a renewal application rejected due to noise complaints. The scheme had the backing of the Scottish Auto Cycle Union (SACU), which encourages formal tracks as a means of reducing anti-social riding of motorcycles on open ground. It commended the organisers of the track as ''leading the way'' in terms of its safety remit, general operations and compliance with noise regulations. Among those speaking against the application was Councillor Dennis Melloy. He lives about a mile and a half from the track from where he could hear a ''faint noise''. Lindsay Patterson, owner of the track, said that while there were 62 homes within one mile of the site only eight complaints of noise had been made over the last six years. He said the track was well-run with proper facilities, marshalling, insurance and was run purely for the recreational enjoyment. But Coupar Angus resident Jo Kettles said: ''It is an absolute tragedy that this should be taken away from the young folk. It gave them something to do with their time and kept them from using their bikes at less suitable places. ''It was all safety approved by the regulatory bodies and it's terrible that it should be removed. I'm sure this can be taken further and it shouldn't end with the council.'' I started racing motocross when I was 10 and it provided me with invaluable skills for road riding too. Start 'em young!! Maybe they will just be happier with these kids zipping round housing estates on scooters instead....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/03/2012 12:02  

I really hope they appeal against this!! I could go on a rant here about people complaining about motorsport noise & restrictions put on circuits cos of nimby's that have just moved into the area....but...I wont...cos I don't think I'd stop! ....

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/03/2012 12:08  

If we had this facility near us then we wouldn't have to put up with teenagers riding up and down the street on bikes/scooters/quads that aren't road legal. They don't do it often, or for long, but it does disrupt a peaceful street and disrupts our lives, this behaviour gives all bikers a bad name. Even tho I don't live near this facility it gets my vote, if it keeps the teens (and other folk) safe and the roads free of their stunt riding antics.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/03/2012 13:57  

Tell the kids to go 'play' outside the complainants houses...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2012 16:07  

I think this could be quite a telling paragraph: Among those speaking against the application was Councillor Dennis Melloy. He lives about a mile and a half from the track from where he could hear a ''faint noise''. Poor little rabbit...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/03/2012 11:16  

If they are planning an appeal a petition from BM members expressing support may help?..................

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 13/03/2012 21:53  

Will see what I can find out....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/03/2012 21:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email