MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

'What I am doing today'.

'What I am doing today'. - Forums [Biker Match] 'What I am doing today'. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

'What I am doing today'.

We've got 'What have I done today so I thought I'd start 'What I am going to do today'. So if you get up early enough you can pre warn others of your intentions!!!! Today, incase some dont know 'I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled' :( I havent slept a wink all night cos I'm not into pain and dreading it, they're doing it with local anaesthetic as well. Any tips for pain releif after without giving meself untold liver damage. I'll leave that to the weekend when the alcohol comes out!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 12/07/2007 04:43  

well you could try cold ice cream ( then again icecream only comes cold silly me)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2007 05:12  

Duh! good idea tho! ;}

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 12/07/2007 05:14  

I am full of them ( good ideas that is ) lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2007 05:29  

Hi CBRB I'm told by my dentist that the top ones are easier to get out than the bottom ones. Hope he's right, as I've got a top one that needs to come out once the local dental hospital can get its act together. I had the bottom ones both done when I was 20 or so. Can't pretend it was a pleasant experience, even under a general anaesthettic, but once it's done it's done. I felt shitty for a couiple of days, living on scrambled eggs eaten with a spoon, but it does get better in the end. I'm just trying to be realistic..there are fatr worse things than having wisdom teeth out and you'll survive and it will get better, honestly.

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/07/2007 05:58  

And keep on takingthe tablets: if things get desperate you can alternate ibuprofen and paracetamol without ill-effect.

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/07/2007 06:00  

Hi CBR, Mr. Scouse is right. You can alternate between the two. The other thing to do is place a piece of lint-free dressing that has a couple of drops of clove oil on it over the wound, or, (and you won't believe me), a cold wet teabag, Just pour hot water on it, steep for one minute, then pour off the water, DON'T SQUEEZE. When it is cool enough, pop it in over the wound. Now, they both have a down-side, tea tastes digusting, and will leave the side of your tongue brown. Clove oil, smells disgusting, and drives all your friends away. Good luck " Is it safe........?" Red

Update Reply
Redreynard @ 12/07/2007 06:38  

Well thanks for the advice King, mr Liverpool and Red, to be honest i dont know what all the fuss was about!!!! :) 'for now any way!. The only bit that hurt was the injection, one tug and it was out... amazing. I dont look like a chipmonk yet! and I'm still numb and dribbling. Keep you posted.

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 12/07/2007 07:25  

so the dribbling is not because of us hot males on bikes then LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2007 07:35  

Haha, the tingling starts!!!!!!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 12/07/2007 07:44  

Going to R&N Bikes near me to get an estimate for the damage done to my V Star yesterday when some bloody stupid bitch reverved into it. Luckily i wasnt on it, it was parked up, correctly may i add and it was pushed up onto the pavement and on its side. The woman in question told me she "hadnt seen the bike", fuck its big enough i told her, what i think she really meant to say was "That she hadnt looked" "LOOK TWICE FOR BIKES" whether the rider is on them or not.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 12/07/2007 08:25  

Hope you got all her details, its a shame she cant be 'done' for the stress caused. Some road users just aint got a clue and drive around with their heads up their butts'. Hope your bike gets sorted soon matey. x

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 12/07/2007 08:45  

Good luck today cbrbabe, hello to all newbies, Today i will be lets see? !!!!!!!!!!!!! AT WORK ALL DAY. Doh, never mind weekend is nearly here.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2007 08:53  

This morning i was in work, this afternoon i will be in work! God i hate split shifts!, but i did get a nice outfit, and it was reduced as well so double bonus!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/07/2007 09:14  

Well my day so far work work BIKE RIDE (what fun) now more work :-( roll on 17:30 then here I come...... Ride home on bike pissing off all those car drives sat on the M42 ha ha ha ha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2007 09:44  

Hallelujah tonight I get to have a beer or two or possibly a few more!!!! No more work for 4 days! Today I have been driving round the Peterborough area to pick up raffle and auction prizes for Saturday - got a CBT from Camrider and a Caberg helmet from the Honda garage - quite impressed! This afternoon I get to clean the bog lol nice! might even push it and do the bath and sink as well!!!

Update Reply
Cinders72 @ 12/07/2007 11:23  

you want to watch it cinders your pumpkin will disappear at the stroke of midnight and how would you then get home. there are no prince charmings in this world (i am from another plant lol)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2007 11:28  

CBRB: Blimey, has the missing tooth send yer typing fingers into overdrive? Lcotgrave: What a bummer! Kirwans solicitors in Birkenhead are always touting for bike business 'cos one of them's a biker who's raced in the TTs. Might be worth a call. Is the damage cosmetic, or is the bike unridable? Either way, sounds as is she hasn't a leg to stand on.

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/07/2007 13:18  

Too right matey, the sound of tappin fingers is about all the noise my head can put up with. Dont worry tho folks I'll be out on the bike over the weekend as I've seen the weather forecast. Its gonna be YUMMY!!! Thank god for that every cries!!!!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 12/07/2007 13:22  

Don't want to p#ss on yer chips babe but metcheck says rain in bedford for Sunday ? i'm sure it'll end up dry though.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 12/07/2007 13:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email