MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Helmet / On-Board Cameras

Helmet / On-Board Cameras - Forums [Biker Match] Helmet / On-Board Cameras - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Helmet / On-Board Cameras

Thought it might be interesting/useful to have a thread where people could post their opinions of cameras and maybe post some examples. Through my other past times I currently own a Samsung Miniket with bullet-cam attachment, an early Go Pro Hero, Oregon Scientific ATC3K Action Cam and last week I bought a Looxcie 2 Bluetooth camera which is looking pretty interesting. Next month I am doing a track day with the Harley so will be fitting various cameras to it, especially a rear view camera so I can see where abouts on the track certain important bits of my bike have fallen off.... If you are going to post clips, could you please state what cam they were taken with and at what resolution - many thanks!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/03/2012 20:08  

I have an Mini HD Cam

http://sport-cam.co.uk/mini%20hd2.asp?cat=148

That I use at work for video evidence on anti piracy jobs, I have used it on the bike and ws surprised how clear and steady the picture was.....definitely worth it, it records sound as well, is steel and water proof..... Does what it says on the tin!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/03/2012 08:50  

Just looked at the sample vid on that site for your cam, Johnny - very impressive! I really need to update to HD....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/03/2012 08:58  

I have a BulletHD
http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/bullethd-camera-onyx-dark-grey

Got my first Video uploadin to YouTube at the mo. I will post a link when it is finished.

john.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 05/03/2012 11:04  

Action cameras is only a few miles from me been trying to drop in there, not open on weekends.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 05/03/2012 19:48  

Although the metal case is near on indestructible it does lack a remote as the small button is a pain to turn on and off..

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 05/03/2012 20:04  

Lets see if this embeding works (just in case this is the link: http://youtu.be/ZNFR6lCWf4o)

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 06/03/2012 12:39  

the embedding works great, but if that is a helmet cam where the fek are you sitting?

Update Reply
xj @ 06/03/2012 22:46  

Xj - it comes with all sorts of mountings so I was able to mount it on the crash bung for this test.

And before everyone jumps on me - yes I did overtake on a Double white.
Mmmmm. On BikeSafe course Sunday.

John.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 07/03/2012 09:00  

This is how it's mounted.

Having trouble with photobucket link embedding, it works in Edit Post but not after submitting the post.
Click on the 'moved or deleted' thumbnail below and it will take you to the picture.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 07/03/2012 09:05  

Try the Drift HD

Got mine from Action Cameras Chiswick

Awesome piece of kit!!

Update Reply
Triumph Thruxton @ 10/03/2012 19:17  

GoPro if you dont mind this odd looking thing sticking off the side or top of your lid

Update Reply
SpeveJ89 @ 11/03/2012 17:15  

lol That's the problem with GoPro! and that you dont get a screen to align your shoots up!

Thing I prefer the slightly more stealthy Drift HD

Update Reply
Triumph Thruxton @ 11/03/2012 18:03  

Well you can get a Screen if you really want too but its the cheek that you gotta fork out bout £70 more for it. Should have been built in but thats a smart way for them to make lil more dosh eh

Update Reply
SpeveJ89 @ 11/03/2012 18:23  

I use a 4kam DVR with a bullet cam mounted using a sucker mount
http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB&rdm=4psit68od#/profile?user=G7OEA&view=videos&v=G9fcJ6DI3rg

Update Reply
Phil @ 12/03/2012 09:01  

I looked at the 4Kam and thought it one of the best out there, just the price tag a little heavy at the mo, but it is on my Santa List. LOL

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 12/03/2012 12:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email