MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Hello!

Hello! - Forums [Biker Match] Hello! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Hello!

Hi all,

Finally got around to becoming a full member, so thought I'd drop a line to say hello.

Looking for places and people in and around North Yorkshire for ride outs etc.
Still got to pass the full bike test so only using a 125 at the moment, but it's still a bike, it's my bike and I like it.

Cheers

James

Update Reply
james-newbiker @ 25/02/2012 18:53  

Hi James, Welcome to BM. Get along to Squires next Sunday, and say hello to about 80 of us. Check out the Events calendar.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2012 18:58  

Ahhh the days of riding a 125 - had so much fun picking it and myself up off various bits of tarmac
Then I got the 600 - and did the same for the first year
Good luck James and hope to see you about.

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 26/02/2012 13:03  

Hi XKLYBR,

Thanks for the invite, but I've got something on that weekend so will have to try for the next one. I've been to Squires a few times in the last couple of years, and always enjoyed it.

Hi Riggy66,

Yep, already managed to throw mine down the road, with me skidding along front first like a helmeted Superman. Also skidded on some diesel at a roundabout, and god knows how I saved that one! All I know is that it felt like I'd need to crowbar my butt cheeks off the seat afterwards.

All take care and never stop riding.

Cheers

James

Update Reply
james-newbiker @ 26/02/2012 18:44  

A very warm welcome to Biker Match James, i've been a member for nearly two years and have met some fantastic people, sadly I live a bit away from Yorkshire but try to get over the border as often as possible. Shame you can't make Squires this weekend as I'm heading there - not to worry you will mee up with folk over time. Call into the chat room it's a good way to get to know folk. Take care and ride safe

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 26/02/2012 19:52  

Hi James Welcome to BM. As people have said already there is plenty going on and you are well situated for most of the main events. Check the events section at the top of the page and I am sure you will find something that suites you. Don't worry about what you are riding, it's the fact that you are riding that counts. Just remember keep your head higher than your wheels Good luck David

Update Reply
davidneale @ 26/02/2012 20:37  

Hi Bobkat,

Thanks for the message, yeah it is a shame I couldn't make it, but as you say there's going to be plenty of other occasions.

Hi David,

Thanks for your message as well, I've been checking out the Events and I didn't realise so much went off at Squires. I've already spotted some events I think I'll be attending. The Ride of Honour from Sun Inn to Catterick looks interesting.

I'm sat watching 'World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides' on Travel Channel, and that certainly makes me want to just pack up the panniers plus tailpack and get out on a good long trip.

Cheers

James
'Never stop riding'

Update Reply
james-newbiker @ 26/02/2012 22:34  

"Keep your head higher than your wheels" ?
Why didn't I think of that?

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 27/02/2012 12:15  

Welcome to the land of nutters James, hope you have loadsa fun with BM, on & off 2 wheels (remeber to stay rubber side down, with your new love of biking)

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 27/02/2012 13:34  

Hiya

Welcome to BM (basically mental) jump in with your boots on adn start wadding :)

Get yourself to the first meet possible so we can annoy you in person.

BJ x

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/02/2012 15:06  

Hi bomb doctor and Brummie Jackie,

Thanks for the messages, I intend coming along to plenty of meets this year and going on rideouts. Some of the charity ones look good.

Cheers

James
Never stop riding

Update Reply
james-newbiker @ 27/02/2012 23:18  

Okay folks, today got the insurance sorted, road tax next, then all set for the summer.

A ripping 12bhp coming to a road soon, you might want to stand back!
This said very much tongue in cheek....

Ride safe.

Update Reply
james-newbiker @ 07/03/2012 23:05  

hi welcome to bm jump in enjoy

Update Reply
kaycat @ 11/03/2012 22:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email