MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

finally paid for membership

finally paid for membership - Forums [Biker Match] finally paid for membership - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

finally paid for membership

ok fed up of not being able to speak lol so here i am hello to all ive been a biker all my life but due to kids not been able to use a bike for a good eight years but finally i get weekends to use a bike again as the kids go to thier mums i have a really old vfr750 right now thats just needing an exhaust for this year and im good to go. i moved up to the north east almost nine years ago but cos of the kids and work im lacking friends up here got a good crowd down south but could do with some nutters up here so say hi if you like i need some fun last year was a disaster lol oh im bryan but always been olly to my mates

Update Reply
olly13 @ 10/02/2012 21:10  

Welcome olly :>> Money well spent, I reckon !!

Getting along to some local meets is a great start too.

I'm sure you'll have an amazing summer, so hurry up with the exhaust!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 10/02/2012 21:33  

hi alice yeah i hope to im a bit out of the loop tbh i used to go to the kent custom show bulldog bash and was in a bike club a long time ago just getting back into it got a good group of mates down in cambs we used to go everywhere on the bikes but its hard getting down there often as i have the kids all week so be good to get to some meets up north and meet some bikers up here

Update Reply
olly13 @ 10/02/2012 21:54  

Hi Olly,
Well done becoming a real member - maybe you could organise a meet up your way - just go for it!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2012 22:21  

me organise anything lol you want to see me trying to get the kids ready for school in the morning

Update Reply
olly13 @ 10/02/2012 22:32  

Hi olly welcome to the BM flock. It's good that you have put your kids first and now you will gradually get more time to enjoy biking again. There are a number of members in your region and you don't have to got too far south to meet a lot more. There are plenty of events within reasonable distance from you and most are good for kids. Enjoy your time on BM and you won't look back.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/02/2012 23:36  

hi davidneale yes im sure i will i do love it up here just need some buds up this way im itching to get back on the bike proper may even upgrade it by summer if this nice payout comes through for me it was the longest id ever been without a bike all we need is a decent summer for a change

Update Reply
olly13 @ 10/02/2012 23:43  

Hi Olly welcome to BM,have fun Lol..

Update Reply
skyline25 @ 11/02/2012 10:38  

Welcome to the dark side of the site lol grab a life jacket and jump in waters always warm we will be at squires in a few weeks (4 march) I think sunday lunch if you can make it would be good to see you there.
Take a look at the BM olympics shames camp and the BM Rally both are child freindly so if you can make it see you and the kids there

Update Reply
JP @ 11/02/2012 10:46  

Welcome to the site Olly, as Alice2 said money well spent on full membership. And as JP said quite a few of our events are child friendly so bring them along, no need to miss out on having a life. Good set of folks on here, easy enough to make friends up and down the country. Hopefully catch you at one of the events in the coming year.

Update Reply
old red @ 11/02/2012 11:21  

hi and thanks to all who replyed i shopuld be able to get to a few meets i get weekends free now as kids go to thier excuse of a mothers lol all i need is an exhaust for the vfr and im ready to rock lol

Update Reply
olly13 @ 12/02/2012 00:09  

Hey Olly.. welcome to BM.. you will get to meet lots of lush peeps.. some quite local to you.. off the top of my head there is.. Me.. Newcastle Centurion.. Darlington XKLYBR.. Leeming Old Yeti.. Darlington Tonnes more in the Sunderland Durham area too.. If you do a search using your post code it will bring more up that don't necessarily use the forums... And there's a BM Meet on 4th March at Squires.. That would be an ideal place for you to meet the above mentioned and get your feet wet... Bike is not essential

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 12/02/2012 12:18  

im really looking forward to getting out again and meeting some people ive forgotten what adult conversation outside of work is lol not been easy moving up here 8 years ago then pretty much either been working or looking after the kids so ive ended up a billy no mates with a bit of luck either the vfr will be running in the next two months or i may get a daytona 595 to replace it always wanted a triumph

Update Reply
olly13 @ 13/02/2012 00:34  

Hello all - been a member for a few months now but never joined a forum. Im ShazzaP from Sandbach in Cheshire - dont have a bike license yet but it is on my bucket list! Love all things bikes and am a very keen pilly! I have booked a few rallies to go to including NABD, Shires and the Lost Wolf so hope to make a few new friends there - also the Thundersprint which I have been going to for a few years. Good luck to all and hope to make some new friends this year x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2012 03:53  

Welcome shazzap loads being planed including a pilly day as for rallys don't miss the BM kiss rally hope to see you and all the new members there

Update Reply
JP @ 13/02/2012 05:25  

Hi and welcome ShazzaP. You should find lots of things to do on BM, we are a friendly bunch and don't bite. You can find the events by clicking at the top of the page. I am sure you will get a pillion from someone if you attend. As JP said don't miss K.I.S.S. rally, last year was our 1st one and over 200 members attended plus guests, live bands and ride outs etc. There are many more to attend. Good luck.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 13/02/2012 06:57  

Thanks guys for making me feel welcome and I shall certianly look out for the pilly days and KISS Rally! If anyone is ever over this way and fanies a ride out with a coffe and a natter let me know! Stay safe everyone x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2012 13:09  

Hello there olly, wishing you a warm welcome to biker match. I'm sure you will meet lots of smashing folk. There's plenty to get involved in and loads of details on the events page of things going on. So don't be shy, chat is a good way of breaking the ice. Most important of all, have fun, all the best and hope to meet you at some point this year, Katie

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 14/02/2012 18:35  

Olly, welcome fella, get stuck in and enjoy! ;)

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 21/02/2012 14:30  

I joined up too - figured would never know if I didn't try :-)

Update Reply
midnightangel @ 25/02/2012 20:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email