MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

People is Dumb!!

People is Dumb!! - Forums [Biker Match] People is Dumb!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

People is Dumb!!

Not this guy, he is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE8o4sVLRBc but these people on Yahoo, here: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/dare...00824.html that say it is fake! Even 'experts' with '40 years experience of riding motorbikes' and professional photographers say it is fake, not just the armchair warriors! With just one click of their mouse button, they could go to the guys YouTube channel and see similar videos he has recorded which will discredit every one of their fake theories but nooooo... And the Yahoo 'reporter' is even dumberer!! He calls the guy Gorpo McMahan when his real name is Steve McMahan who had just misspelt the name of the model of headcam that he uses in the title of his YouTube video!! (GoPro)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/01/2012 20:28  

thats awesome! however this guy is crazy!
http://youtu.be/XihQeZpwqpE

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 23/01/2012 20:39  

sorry my bad!

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 23/01/2012 20:40  

Top vid and those GoPro's are amazin, I pick one up in the states. Be awesome to watch in 3D I reckon

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 23/01/2012 20:44  

the guy in moscow (bagpuss video) is amazing that guy must have so much nerve & fear nothing!

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 23/01/2012 20:46  

Or just no brain and rubber trousers! lol!

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 23/01/2012 20:47  

Dunno about 3D, bomb doctor - I fell off my chair twice just watching it on my laptop!! Bought one of the original GoPro Heros many years ago but this new one is a HUGE improvement over mine. Have a few head/action cams from my activities ober the years but will have to re-invest soon - have a track day coming up!! bagpuss - that guy is crazy!!! (he didn't look in his mirrors once...) Would be good if at the top of the screen they had a read out of the number of traffic violations and fines/points he accrued during his ride....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/01/2012 20:53  

The Russian guy's a complete nutter IMHO. The thing that gets me about these vids with riders tearing through the streets is, by posting them on things like UTube you get young inexperienced riders turning themselves into red mist by trying to emulate what they're watching. Never a good thing. At least the first vid, if the guy has an off, it's only him gettin hurt.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 23/01/2012 20:59  

TeeCee, you wont be disapointed with the new GoPro HD Hero2, it is a truly amazing piece of kit for quality of picture. Only drawback I think is expense of the cmera and then the add ons, like the addtional screen, cos i found with out it, it's point and gamble it's in the right position to capture what you want. But there again, its got something like 170 degree field of view. Screen just makes life easier.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 23/01/2012 21:05  

The moscow guy maybe crazy but heck he can ride!!!!!!! Lol, reminds me of me on M6 before days of M6 toll..........................Riding down to Rugby on a monday morning in rush hour for work...........In my youth i was nuts!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 23/01/2012 21:43  

Hey Bagpuss - what a mad stunt - I'm sure I heard a scrape on a car at some point in the Video!!!
Brought back memories of a ride I did as a pilly along the A64 some years ago - that guy got a whack off me when he finally came back to earth. He went between two towed caravans that were passing each other, with not quite enough room for us...... and I got a dislocated shoulder as one of the vans hit me!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2012 22:28  

he clips a car on the way through at one point. We've all done some mad stuff in our time but not at the risk of others and certainly not if you've got a pillion!!!

What Bomb Doctor said is right, its the young 'uns that try and copy him that pay the price.

However the Guy in Tee Cee's vid is just Amazing!! Totally feckin awesome! I have trouble standing on snow let alone riding on it! lol!

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 23/01/2012 22:34  

The R1 guys a nutter, pure and simple. Balls of steel !!!

But the mountain one? Watch it again and watch the front wheel... doesn't rotate at all. Sorry, looks fake to me.

Update Reply
justjerry @ 24/01/2012 19:45  

HaHa Jerry, see what you mean, just watched about 5 times, and thinking about it, his camera is pretty still considering the terrain he's crossing. Well spotted.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 24/01/2012 20:40  

You get that with film. It's a strobe effect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon-wheel_effect
(Hope this link works)
If he's stod up on the pegs his legs will take the bumps a bit.

Looks like there is a trail of some sort up there anyway so somebodies been along there before.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 24/01/2012 22:18  

The R1 guy is nuts no doubt about it, I think the first vid is genuine the cam is strapped to his lid and a good off road rider will absorb a lot of bumps with legs & body although if you look the scenery is still bobbing around a fair bit.

Update Reply
WelshAL @ 24/01/2012 23:54  

Spot on Tbird_Steve Maybe THIS video will convince the non-believers, especially if you watch it until the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coLT20dtB_s

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 25/01/2012 00:45  

i done the exact same thing on my hiosung wantophive when the throttle stuck open 2mins after i bought it

Update Reply
xr500rfvc @ 25/01/2012 01:03  

wantophive LOL is that long hand for 125?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/01/2012 02:30  

Snow-dude is da mutts nuts! That's no fakery...or there would be no 'oh shit...oh fuck...holy crap!' Halfway through! Exellent!

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 25/01/2012 13:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email