MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

triple ECU re-map

triple ECU re-map - Forums [Biker Match] triple ECU re-map - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

triple ECU re-map

Afternoon all.

I'll looking at putting some arrow cans on the speed triple and i know when you take it to Mr. Triumph, he re-maps the ECU and charges you for the pleasure.

I also know that the maps and software are available online and you can do it yourself with the correct OBD-2 cable.

My question is has anyone tried doing this upgrade themselves? any problems encountered? any recommendations for me?

Cheers

Update Reply
Big_Paul @ 19/01/2012 14:54  

Paul, can you get a programme called ECU spy for the speed triple? i've used it before on a Buell i owned, but I was always wary of making too bigger changes.
spesh

Update Reply
SPESH @ 19/01/2012 18:50  

you can download tuneecu free, just buy a cable off ebay volkswagen one works, have a look on triumph torque for info.
just downloaded it myself

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 20:07  

Well now, just to refresh this thread.
I was at the MCN show yesterday and managed to pick up some Beowulf cans for the bike. Spoke with the owners and engineers of the company and they said that there was absolutely no need for a re-map using the slip on cans like i purchased. Sound amazing, slightly better throttle response = Happy chappy!

Update Reply
Big_Paul @ 05/02/2012 14:49  

I've been eyeing up the Beowulf can for my Tiger 1050, the price seems very good and I've heard they sound fantastic.

What are you thoughts on them now Big_Paul after sometime living with them on your Speed Triple?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2012 20:45  

There are twin Z1000 carbon Beowulf cans on Ebay currently at £10.50 with four days to go. Think I might try and get them for my ZZR as I know they sound awesome. Nice deep tone!

Update Reply
RobboC @ 13/03/2012 18:11  

hi guys , would just like to ad to this thread in that i had a beowulf oval can on my tiger 1050 ... one word fantastic ! the quality and service is just as good ... go for it ... cheers kev

Update Reply
mickyd @ 13/03/2012 18:41  

Thanks for your input mickyd, I'm now very tempted with the Beowulf can! For the price they seem a cracking deal.

How did the bike run with it on? Any noticeable gains aside from the noise? And did you experience any lumpiness or flat spots?

Ta.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2012 17:25  

hi static , i had no trouble with it at all , but having said that i did have the off road tune done just to be safe . i also found the engine had more punch out of the corners , go for it . regards kev

Update Reply
mickyd @ 16/03/2012 20:48  

I've heard great things about the off-road tune, even with the standard exhaust and air filter. I'd probably pair the new can with a K&N to get the most out of it.

I'm sorely tempted now... I've been toying with changing the Tiger but I can't honestly give myself a good reason to do so.

This will certainly give it a new lease of life :) Watch this space!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2012 21:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email