MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Vote: The future of profile photos!

Vote: The future of profile photos! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Vote: The future of profile photos! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Vote: The future of profile photos!

ChilliD... Welcome to the site! only 1 photo is visible in search results. What you're proposing will still require people to go into all the profiles to see additional pics.
Also, you can disable logging of view under My Account \ Edit

Shell, in my opinion those who use the forums are more likely to be the ones with a genuine interest in making the site better. Those just browsing for the first time and not experienced with the site don't really know what they're voting on. I'm not going to email everyone cos most people would think "What the hell are you talking about?". And it's already in the newsletter.

Jackie, although there will be people who always disagree... at leasr we can show them the vote and say "This is what BM members want!"

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2012 11:45  

Well I think your forgetting matt does not need to change the rules he is just fed up with folk putting up stupid profile pics becuse thay don't read the site rules to start with .
well back to thay don't read anything again, if this goes to any pic for profiles we will get pics of flowers spanners ants dogs and any other amount of rubbish pics how will the members looking for a partner manage then simply leave and go elsewhere

Update Reply
JP @ 17/01/2012 11:48  

JP you seem to be missing the point completely

Matt has asked members for an opinion & that to me & it seems from posts many others seems only fair to be extended to all members not just to those who use the forum.

Yes I agree that the rules AS THEY STAND do say that ... and if it is left at that then isn't it a MOD's responsibility to remove pics that do not comply with the rules ??

Matt glad you have put it in the news letter so all can see it, however, just a thought for you .... maybe members have left or not come this far into the site ... because they wish things could be better/different , however it has to be noted in the past, you have not been so open to discussing changes or what people want as its your site (runs & hides from Matt now )

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/01/2012 11:55  

Boss Man i am glad that its being put to vote, its the main thing us Mods get moaned at for :)
How long are you going to leave the vote in place? Folks please rem that everybody is entitled to an opinion and that whether you agree with it or not, you should respect that.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/01/2012 12:52  

I am actually a haggis.....Honestly

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2012 13:09  

As has been said... the vote is open to all. It's in the forums and the newsletter. I'm not going to pollute everyone's inbox with an issue they might not understand nor care about. For people who do care they will find it and vote.

The vote will stay open a long time, forever maybe. We can always refer back to it then. I'll work on getting stats represented better and comparing paying members to standard members.

Ok JP & Shell it doesn't need further discussion, zip it please!

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2012 13:37  

O.k I'm not a haggis..Cheers Matt

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2012 13:39  

haha You might end up looking like a haggis if you do that again, Jackie is tough you know!

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2012 13:40  

Top haggis hunter is our Jackie

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2012 14:05  

Aya i am, i have several Haggi who i have turned to the way of the Hobbit !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/01/2012 14:49  

My 'tuppence worth'....I've noticed a number of members including one who joined in ཅ on just now when I logged in, who's picture in the profile was of her bike and nothing else? Over the last couple of weeks, I've seen others with no picture of themselves at all, just bikes, or, their wearing a helmet so you can't see anything, or have turned their heads sideways? I've even viewed profiles where they have been stood in a group and nothing to tell you which one was them?! Seems to me the site rule of 'your main profile pic must be of you' rule can be ignored?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 19:59  

The rule certainly can't be ignored, we just have too many profiles to monitor. We rely on good folks like yourself to press the Notify Moderator button on the profiles which have invalid profile photos.

If everyone could report these profiles we could get the site cleaned up very quickly.

Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2012 21:40  

As the Boss Man said, if folk spot any pics that do not adhere to the site policy of 'shows your face' let one of us know and we can sort it , ta very muchly :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/01/2012 09:48  

If a member doesn't have another photo, to take the place of the offending one, then it can't be replaced.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/01/2012 11:53  

If there is no pic to change it to, the Mod checking it will send them a pm about uploading a face pic asap.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/01/2012 14:41  

Jacki you may turn the occasional lowlander......but true Haggi the ultimate yetis ....you'll never take our FRRRREEEEDDDOOOMMM! Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 00:15  

If it's true that a haggis has two legs on one side longer than the other side to stop them falling off the mountain. What happens when they turn around and run the other way?

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/01/2012 06:00  

JTB i shall never rest until your Hobbitfied lol David ask Big Ned to explain about Haggi :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/01/2012 09:36  

David, please do your homework before asking such a ridiculous question! It is a well known fact that haggi have no sense of direction, and therefore cannot turn round!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 09:50  

Rem to vote folks, if you want it changed or to stay the same, its down to you folk to make it happen :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/01/2012 09:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email