MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Something new!

Something new! - Forums [Biker Match] Something new! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Something new!

Is it too late to suggest a new year resolution?

Bikers are a small minority, we need to ensure that we don't further marginalise ourselves by subdividing into 'clans'. I worry that the sports riders don't mix with the cruisers, or the tourers don't talk to the green laners.
I think there's an easy solution, and I would like to suggest you sign up to it.

DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON YOUR BIKE THIS YEAR.

Step outside your comfort zone and go / try something new.

Do a bike rally, watch a motocross race, tour scotland, visit a custom show, try a track day, see a GP, go off road..... Doesn't matter what you try, you will be welcomed (we are all bikers) and u will see you and your bike in a new way. Who knows, you may even defect from one group to another!!

Whatever. Enjoy it!!

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 13/01/2012 20:46  

Should have said.

This year I'm doing an off road day with KTM, after 30 years on the tarmac I'm going to try the green stuff!!

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 13/01/2012 20:51  

Fantastic idea GreyGra!!!!

I totally agree with you, we are all "Bikers", whether we wear torn, dirty leathers and jeans, or £1000 top of the range leather biker gear.
We share the same passion for our bikes, so why not mix and mingle???

I, for one, feel comfortable at a old style bike rally, or watching moto gp, and can honestly say, never made to feel unwelcome at either!!!!!

Count me in for signing up...........................

Update Reply
wenders @ 13/01/2012 20:54  

Great Idea I love off road trial riding thats where I started like most others old bikes on waste ground, but not sure I would fancy a track day

Update Reply
JP @ 14/01/2012 11:45  

Greygra I already been thinking this. I want to try diffferent roads, events, rallies the lot and will this year. We are nlessed to have such an awesome hobby so, need to make the most of it. Good luck with your off road day - hope you have a great time

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 14/01/2012 15:20  

Actually I'm kind of scared I'll make a prat of myself, but what the hey.

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 15/01/2012 21:22  

GreyGa, like the idea and the sentiment. Did the MAG demo last September and a toy run earlier this year. On both occasions, all types of Bikes scooters and trikes etc. Really feels good to see all the "factions" get together.
I personally think the manufacturers and bike press tend to catergorise us all and it filters through, so that people may think of themselves as a particular "type" of rder.

Have a good day in the dirt

Update Reply
clarkee @ 16/01/2012 17:05  

any of the girls want to do women only trackday with 2 guys who race on irish roads as instructors....a bit less intimidating than a track full of testosterone fuelled fellas! will be held at kirkistown N. Ireland sometime over summer if anyone fancies it.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/01/2012 08:13  

That looks very tempting.

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 17/01/2012 08:37  

I fully agree with this sentiment, I keep meaning to sign up to an off-road course. It just hasn't happened yet :/

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 17/01/2012 09:14  

How interesting, I never really thought of motorcyclists as having factions before but I guess you are right. In my garage are full blown Motorcroisser with lights, a sport bike/ tourer, an adventure bike and a hyper motard, with a cruiser soon to be added. So I sort of belong to them all as I love rallies and deeply admire all custom bikes and scooters. Cut my teeth in Motocross and trails, love greenlaning and just aboput popped my clogs when I was out with the super retard boiys. I even did a track day on my adventure bike just to see ehat is was like, and it was surpriingly good. My advice is try the lot, and if you don't like one particular aspect of two wheeled tom foolery then at least you know. Oh and don't worry about looking foolish, everyone who knows bikes knows that everyone has to start somewhere, and I think thats fairly well understood and allowed for, so go for it I say, mud is very soft and cushiony

Update Reply
d-w-b-h @ 17/01/2012 11:14  

Yup it's a great idea, lets break down the barriers we seem to have put up ourselves..Thanks to moving over to Norfolk last year to be with Elliemay I've lost my B.S.B virginity!! Never really fancied watching the boys hurtling round the track(dunno why)but I was like a kid in a sweety shop, absolutely fkin loved it!! Def doing it at Snetterton again this year!!
Next thing on the agenda is some of Europe, doing that in Sept, France pop into Belgium Germany perhaps a bit of Suisse, Italy, in some ways dreading it but looking forward to it. Keep up with the rallies/rideouts with you lot & if I can afford it def want to try the off road/dirtbiking thing. First choice of bike was gonna be a Yam Virago 535 cruiser but sumat happened and I ended up with a Yam TDM 850 Touring bike, now got a little ZZR 400 & a FZ 750 so I don't really distinguish between types. When you look at us lot on here (think back to KISS) Harleys, BMWs, Trikes, Tourers, Cruisers just about everything was there, people from different walks of life, different backgrounds we were all there with one common bond-love of BIKES!!- Let's not be happy with our own little 'niche' let's do what we can to promote the BIKING fraternity, push ourselves forward & push this site forward, this after all is what brings us all together

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2012 11:50  

First choice of bike was gonna be a Yam Virago 535 cruiser Have you no shame!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 12:31  

Nope....Hang out with you don't I

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2012 13:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email