MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Non flick chain lube

Non flick chain lube - Forums [Biker Match] Non flick chain lube - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Non flick chain lube

Hi, what chain lube do people buy, no matter what i use it alway's seem's to flick a heavy residue all over the chain side of the rear wheel/tyre, look's horrible, and is a pain to clean. By the way, i alway's lube my chain after around 200 mile's, at the end of the day/run when the bike's chain is still 'warm' and the bike is not going to be used for at least 8 hour's -ish. Regards Brat

Update Reply
Brathu @ 11/01/2012 12:03  

Buy a Scottoiler mate .. adjusted properly they are the best .. never have to worry about your chain again .. I've used allsorts of chain lubes .. not as good as a self lube system

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 11/01/2012 12:54  

wurth chain wax, dont spray it at the back of the rear sprocket but on the inside of the chain and after you have cleaned the chain with wd40

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/01/2012 13:34  

Hi Brathu, all chain lube is designed to fling off . As it flies off , it takes the road dirt and dust with it , this keeps your chain clean and your bike filthy. A scott oiler is the only real alternative. When they're adjusted right , you still get fling off. BUT it cleans off easily. I put one on a gpz900r in the eighties . I rode 3000 miles round europe , including some flat out autobahn blasts. The chain didn't need a single adjustment. The oiler I have now was bought in June 2000 and it still works as new. They cost a bit to buy , but you save lots of money on chain and sprockets. And lots of time cleaning your bike , left saddle bag, left boot. Left pilly's boot etc etc. ........ Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 16:33  

don't forget the rollers on a chain are sealed with grease so all you have to do is give the chain a quick clean to remove grit etc dry it and use Wurth Dry chain lube to stop rust forming. Do it after every days riding and it will stay like new! I don't like Scotoilers as it flings off . Chains only need a light coating or it starts to pick up sand and grit which does a lot of the damage. IF seeing is believing take a look at my bike if you see me out and about 17000 miles and it's used every weekend all year round .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 19:39  

Hi all, thanks for the responce, and a few pointer's. But giving the chain wax a shot (thanks for that Kwakgirl :) ) Best regards all, and keep it safe -ish, lol. Brat

Update Reply
Brathu @ 26/01/2012 20:53  

I agree with nitro,,I started with a scottoiler in 1991 never had to buy a chain and sprocket kit since then,, on my winter bike I use Wurth like kwakgirl ,, realy good stuff use it in cycle as well,,can get it in small can as well easy to take with you on longer trips

Update Reply
AlpineBusa @ 26/01/2012 21:25  

sorry dustin and pj46 ment to agree with you too,,

Update Reply
AlpineBusa @ 26/01/2012 21:28  

chains, grease, dirt, yuck..... as shafties don't have this problem, just nice clean drive trains.

Update Reply
xj @ 29/01/2012 00:56  

im with xj get a shaftiewurth dry chainlube works well does what it says onthe tin .. read the instructions

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 07/03/2012 19:44  

I'll forth, fifth or sixth the Wurth dry lube...I had a Scott Oiler fitted but found myself doubting it's ability when my chain dried out (and the oiler was full of oil) so took it off and now lube every few hundred miles.

R.

Update Reply
RobboC @ 09/03/2012 09:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email