MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Unplanned downtime, NYE 2011. Server down

Unplanned downtime, NYE 2011.  Server down - Forums [Biker Match] Unplanned downtime, NYE 2011.  Server down - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Unplanned downtime, NYE 2011. Server down

To all of you who had trouble accessing the site for the past 6 hours, please accept my apologies. It would appear the the power supply to the main server has given up. We're now running on the backup server and I'm trying to source a new power supply on a Sunday / New Years Day. Fat chance I know. Still, 6 hours downtime in a whole year is a great record! Apolgies if you find the website having performance issues today - the backup server isn't as powerful as the main one Thanks to everyone who notified me. PS: To anyone using a BikerMatch email address, you will only be able to use webmail for the next day or so. IMAP / POP etc won't be available

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/01/2012 06:58  

Hi Matt If you were partying last night you could not have slept much, with having to do site maintenance as well. I take the opportunity to say Happy 2012. All the best David

Update Reply
davidneale @ 01/01/2012 07:11  

Hi matt I would like to say thank you for your efforts to keep BM up and running, especially at this time. It is very much appreciated Happy 2012 to you

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 01/01/2012 09:56  

Hi Matt As dave has said much appreciated. Off to chat room for my daily fix

Update Reply
big_col @ 01/01/2012 10:21  

Out of your control Matt. Hope everyone had a fun night all the same

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 01/01/2012 12:02  

It was the millenium bug 12 years late; lol
Is the e-mail system going permenantely Matt or is this just temporary while you sort the server out?

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 01/01/2012 12:13  

Thanks guys for understanding.

I had some friends over from England and I had taken them to Amsterdam. The minute I arrived in Amsterdam I got loads of texts. I couldn't believe it.

My colleague did some investigation for me and we established the server was completely off. I didn't have the tools with me to bout the backup remotely either :-(

So got home early hours and found it won't turn on. Put the backup on and BM's working fine now. hopefully a friend can lend me a power supply to test with today.

The email access via imap is not available (licence) on backup server. Once we switch back to main server it will be fine

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/01/2012 12:58  

Look at it this way - you've started 2012 on a low note, so things can only get better

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/01/2012 13:22  

I don't know wills, got my big op coming up in mid-feb or so i think. Is this a sign that I shouldn't do it??

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/01/2012 16:20  

Ok we're back on the main server now. The power supply was indeed dead. In fact - it stinks of burning and one of the big capacitors is leaking acid or something out. Eeek. Managed to source a spare one for now so the site is back up to full speed now.
Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding. Some things just can't be helped

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/01/2012 01:06  

Boss Man it doesnt help when your looking at it through New Year party eyes lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/01/2012 10:25  

haha I was. And on Saturday I had no laptop etc so I was walking a colleague (who was at his home) through remote diagnosis. In the end we determined there was nothing we could do until someone went to the house to push some buttons. That wasn't possible because everyone with access to my house was out partying! Arrgh. lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/01/2012 11:24  

lol no harm done and Happy new Year :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/01/2012 16:00  

Tonight the server will be losing connection once or twice while I try to implement something that will prevent us having downtime again like Saturday.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/01/2012 17:13  

Stop playing with your new xmas toy Boss Man lol

tsk tsk ... boys and their toys eh !!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/01/2012 17:16  

New power supply installed and tested all ok at lunchtime today. It's still running ok now so I'm assuming it's good (touch wood)

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/01/2012 15:27  

Btw, it's not acid in that capacitor but it does contain cyanide ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 05/01/2012 16:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email