MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions - Forums [Biker Match] New Years Resolutions - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

New Years Resolutions

I was sat around trying to think of a couple of decent New Years Resolutions and came up Blank. I mean I could keep it simple and quite smoking or loose a little weight but that didn't work last time and is a little dull. I was just wondering if anyone here had any good ones?

Update Reply
BlueHornet @ 22/12/2011 15:01  

I hereby resolve to:" • Actually work from home on my telecommuting days.
• Get dressed before noon...or at the very least, before the video conferencing call with my boss.
• Less e-mailing? Cancel at least a few of the 9 or 10 e-mail accounts I currently have.
• Not talk on my cell phone while in the bathroom doing - - - (you finish this sentence).
• Never pull away from the gasoline pump ... with the hose still in the tank (darn those cell phone calls).
• Try and drive at or under the speed limit ... at least when I'm not hungry, tired or late.
• Watch more television -it IS the "window into the world", right?
• Keep my opinions to myself (yeah, right).
• Get two friends to START smoking ... that way I'll feel less guilty that I don't seem able to quit.
• Play harder, work less ... who needs a paycheck anyway?
• Wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store
• Stop repeating myself again, and again, and again.
• Wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store ... oops ... there I go again!
• Stop procrastinating ... (I think I just might start next month).
• Enjoy the sweeter side of life - M&Ms, Hershey kisses, candy corns, and cheesecake and ...
• Gain some weight - I think I caught a glimpse of one of my ribs in the mirror yesterday.
• Read something this year ... other than the comics.
• Drive myself to the fitness center when I feel like going from now on ... because walking there makes me perspire.
• Stop leaving my dirty gym socks lying in the middle of the floor. I'll leave them on the kitchen table, where they're easier to reach.
• Kick the caffeine habit - hey, why does my over-sized coffee mug smell like sweaty socks?
• Read those books I bought 5 years ago on "how to improve my memory" ... I keep forgetting to read them.
• Be more decisive ... I'll absolutely try to attempt to think about resolving to be more decisive, if I possibly can.
• Quit making those SAME excuses ... I make the same excuses each year, why I'll do better next year, and it's getting pretty old - this year I resolve to come up with some new excuses instead

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 22/12/2011 15:05  

Am gonna have dance lessons , wanna learn how to jive

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 22/12/2011 15:27  

Smile more often, How much can that hurt??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2011 17:46  

You're more likely to keep up with resolutions if they are positive. Like LF and Bluey, learning to dance, or smiling than something that is like punishment (giving up stuff you like - well maybe giving up smoking is one exception ) but you know what I mean.

Also my old boss suggested writing your list of resolutions, sealing it in an envelope and putting it away with the Xmas decorations. Then next year you can look back and see how many things you achieved

Positive thinking is what it's all about

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 22/12/2011 18:28  

Im going to be naughty!!!! Im always good so time for a change xxx

Update Reply
wenders @ 22/12/2011 18:58  

I am going to do what I like, when I like! And hopefully pass my bike test..

Update Reply
Nikki Bea @ 22/12/2011 19:09  

Save some money instead of keeping my local pub open so that I can have a bigger bike before the BM Olympics, so realistically, I'll see you all in Wales on the old VT.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 23/12/2011 02:44  

Lf..Potts needs to learn a Wizard song then!
I going to spend next year sharing the Lushness cause I simply have more than my fair share although seeing others smile just makes me happier still

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 23/12/2011 07:34  

I think I might try to maybe be a bit more decisive (possibly?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2011 08:28  

To keep up with the healthy eating I started last year & lose the final 14lbs before my wedding,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/12/2011 18:38  

To make more friends on bikermatch, because the site is wonderful and all the administrators do a fantanstic job and the world is a wonderful place with fluffy clouds and cute kittens, I know this is true because kaycat has bought me some rose coloured specs for christmas.

Yes Kaycat and myself are still together, amazing as it may seem, I am the ying to her yang.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2011 20:51  

Shadow Me ~ no more treading on eggshells, no more pussy footing around people and stroking their egos. Maybe getting a dog and selling the house, but maybe not in that order. We shall see.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 24/12/2011 12:06  

About 20 years ago I resolved not to make any more new year's resolutions ...... I stuck with it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2011 12:16  

1. To have a mega tidy out - get rid of all the old rubbish in the house - including the house and start again in my own ickle house on the prairie (!) but with my eyes open this time 2. have more fun (if that's possible on less money!) 3. more fun challenges (well be less wimpy!) - indoor parachute jump, bike test etc 4. live life to the max - no moping and make sure i'm thankful for every day that I and family n friends have 5. Improve my skating and badminton skills (!!!???!!!) no fear! MERRY NEW YEAR

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 27/12/2011 17:38  

Save more of my money. And slow down abit...or not.. :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 18:07  

Pass my class 1 lorry licence and have more fun and be who i want to be

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2011 15:16  

To save,pass my driving test and get my own trike. Also to be more postive I can achieve what I want if I work for it.

Update Reply
Meliejayne76 @ 01/01/2012 21:28  

Happy Be Freer

my news resolution popped out while I was (slightly drunkenly I have to confess) trying to wish my mate a "Happy Few Beers" on New Years Eve

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 04/01/2012 08:39  

I only have one new years resolution that doesnt involve being welded to grahams sofa....

Spend more time in the naughty corner coz its much more entertaining

And the big one-really must do a couple of modules this year before my brain turns to mush-problem is what do i do??? Acute care or tissue viability??? I love both equally but for different reasons.... Need help on this one tho lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 04/01/2012 19:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email