MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Feb 11, Canterbury Kent Valentines Weekend

Feb 11, Canterbury Kent Valentines Weekend - Forums [Biker Match] Feb 11, Canterbury Kent Valentines Weekend - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Feb 11, Canterbury Kent Valentines Weekend

A day /evening out in Canterbury... I suggest we have an afternoon wandering around Canterbury's medievel streets and perhaps the famous Cathedral, frequently stopping for refreshments of course..then a meal at a venue to be decided, followed up by more pubs/wine bars/club watever.Finish off Sunday morning with brekfast at the bikers cafe,The Sportsman in Wincheap (10min from hotel). I suggesting using the Travel Lodge in the city as a base,rooms at the moment are around £30 a night.Travel Lodge in Ivy Lane Canterbury 5min walk to city centre. Canterbury is a lovely walled city and is full of pubs/bars and the like. Very popular tourist attraction of course. It has a strong student population so should be busy enough to have a good atmosphere in darkest Feb. If you want to add an extra evening perhaps this be worth a look? http://www.marlowetheatre.com/page/3040/The-Kings-Of-Sw...-Swing/203 So to sum up Sat from 12-00 ,wander around Canterbury, a good meal out in the evening followed by bars n pubs....all in a famous city. Possible addition of visit to brand new theatre hosting a Swing tribute evening on the Friday? I for one would do the tribute evening if anyone else fancies it too. Hotels cheap enuff! andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 20/12/2011 08:57  

Hey Andy.. This does look good.. Have you submitted this to the events page?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/12/2011 05:17  

Hi Deb, yes Andy submitted it to the events calendar but it's on hold cos it's not a definite event yet, he's waiting for folk to say they are going to it, then I can add it to the calendar. Can't add events without a venue address. Come on folks let Andy know if you are interested in his suggestions if not then come up with an alternative, once it's decided I can add it to the events calendar. Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/12/2011 08:19  

Sounds a really good idea but I'll likely be too skint by then :<< Will keep an eye on this one tho. Thanks

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/12/2011 21:37  

Well, you know you can count me in.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 22/12/2011 21:48  

I have asked Sandi if we can use the Hotel as the venue addy as the event is a wander around Canterbury and look for bars/pubs to eat in, we can meet at the hotel or at a certain time/meeeting point to be decided later? I will do another recce in Canterbury asap to pick some likely bars to go to. We need to ensure we got moby numbers for all attending b4 the event..Andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 25/12/2011 16:43  

Andy, it needs to be a definite event, no one has said they are going to this, except yourself and WMF. Don't worry, it's on hold, I've not deleted it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/12/2011 12:49  

If anyone interested in this be aware the hotel will get dearer as time goes on...
No probs if you just want to do the evening meal and gathering tho. There are several bars advertising live music. Please be aware events cannot be posted on the calender until there are several people attending so unless you read the forums you will have no idea of forthcoming events to show an interest in! So if you interested you need to indicate that here. So far only four possible attendees so no calender listing possible. The event will not happen without definate members attendance listed in the thread.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 29/12/2011 03:15  

Attending:
W.M.F.
rossoandy21

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 29/12/2011 09:24  

This event is now on the calendar, thanks Andy. Put your name down, if you can. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2660

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2012 06:12  

Come on southerners! This will be fun if we can get a group of us together!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 11/01/2012 22:43  

U guys who say u coming...get yer names down on the event tab!! canna wait fer the poledancin.....hehe

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 16/01/2012 10:29  

Not long to go now!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 26/01/2012 22:01  

nah.....but winebar will be heaving and I still got several free tikets...

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 26/01/2012 23:35  

What are the tickets for then?

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 26/01/2012 23:41  

Only two got their names down for this, where are the other romantics? http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2660

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/02/2012 10:20  

I tryed being romantic to Boss Mom got her some sausages and bread rolls she was not a happy bunnie

Update Reply
JP @ 08/02/2012 10:28  

I don't know why she wasn't happy, after all you didn't eat them did ya?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/02/2012 10:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email