MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

sorn declarations

sorn declarations - Forums [Biker Match] sorn declarations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

sorn declarations

Annual ...> www.motorcyclenews.com Motorcyclists with bikes kept off-road will no longer have to fill in a SORN declaration form every year following a Government announcement. Owners will only...

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 19/12/2011 20:44  

Great, there isnt a month goes by without a SORN arriving in the post here..some bikes been off rd 7 yrs or more..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 19/12/2011 21:30  

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/Gene...-scrapped/ Hope this link works better Mic

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2011 21:43  

cheers boss , ya know me and jimmy or johnny or jack at this time of night ................ , " i need a good secatary , to take short hand and trasngribe into english as it is "

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 19/12/2011 23:49  

The rest of Mic's post ...Owners will only have to fill in a Statutory Off-Road Notification once instead of annually. The need for a paper licence counterpart is also to be scrapped from 2015 in changes aimed at cutting red tape for motorists. Additional proposals include removing the need for motorists to hold an insurance certificate and abolishing the requirement of proof of insurance when applying for road tax. It will allow more people to tax vehicles online by relying on automatic insurance database checks. Transport Secretary Justine Greening said: “Motorists shouldn’t have to keep numerous bits of paper just to prove they can drive and have bought insurance – we live in a digital age and we need to embrace that. “Reducing the number of rules and regulations in our life is absolutely vital to removing barriers to economic growth and increasing individual freedoms. This whole process just proves that there’s so much sitting on our statute books that at the very least needs a good spring clean or can be scrapped entirely."

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/12/2011 08:02  

Is someone finally on the bikers' side? Nice one

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/12/2011 08:04  

Common sense at last !

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 21/12/2011 23:45  

I agree with common sense at last but it may also be a way for the government to cut more jobs to pay the deficit. Call me a cynic!

John.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 22/12/2011 09:34  

Additional proposals ....

hmmmm so are we to gather its not actually going through at the moment just being talked about ? If so it could still end up like every other proposals the government have where bikes are concerned ... on a shelf gathering dust!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/12/2011 11:07  

I have been stopped twice by Police in london on 2 different bikes telling me I did not have Insurance. Fortunately I had credit on my phone to call the Insurance company to find out what was going on. I had to pass my phone to the officer for the Insurance bloke to tell them what was wrong & it turned out to be a clerical error. Otherwise I was not allowed to ride my bike. Its a crock o sh!t.

Update Reply
TonyG @ 29/12/2011 00:51  

Sorry. I should have mentioned that the compurized system is crap & still have to carry my papers around to prove I have insurance to aggressive officers.

Update Reply
TonyG @ 29/12/2011 15:02  

Good news about the relaxing of SORN regs, but for me the greatest scam of our age is when buying road tax near the end of a month you only get 5 months/11 months but you have to pay for the full 6 0r 12 months; this is like being short changed in a pub or being ripped off over short measures. When this medieval practice is eventually rescinded will we all then be pestered by no-win-no-fee lawyers touting for our compensation claims?

Update Reply
Leepylee @ 15/01/2012 15:51  

AJ Yoyu can check the insurance status of any motor vichle at www.askmid.com and it is freefor personal use. It the same database used by the police to do the checks. checking your bike is on there helps to catch these clerical errors!

Update Reply
big_col @ 15/01/2012 16:19  

Glad I checked as mine is not showing up, cheeky barstewards ....ok things to do tomorrow!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 16:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email