MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Grrr!! flippin chat room

Grrr!! flippin chat room (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Grrr!! flippin chat room (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Grrr!! flippin chat room

ive been developing the new chatroom all day. Nearly finished getting the basics together. Once the basic functionality is there, then I will release it. But I will add extra bits (like smileys, private chat, etc) later to it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/06/2007 19:49  

the chat room is biker chat not biker match so its a sepersate log in and a seperate site almost thats y when my subs went heywire because of lack of funds i could still get into biker chat becaue its a dig=fferentant port al thingy lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 27/06/2007 20:26  

There ya go kwak! Had a quick peek at BM's chat room this morning, Matt's put a hell of a lot of work into this! I know 'cos I can tell from the time he sent me the email! Wtg Matt, thank you. xx

Update Reply
Di @ 28/06/2007 03:32  

lol so we gonn

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 06:43  

lol so we gonna have two chat rooms then cool In take it then you matt will have more control over what it looks like and what can happen in there. Thankyou at least it will be linked to the biker match and tha will mean geting to know the people who you see on these forums.

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 06:43  

Still working on it - i knew it would be a lot of work as I tried doing it in the past but gave up after a few weeks lol. Cramming it into a couple of days now before i start my new job. Currently sat snuggled up with my laptop on my couch with music blasting whilst designing the database structure for it (Appologies if I have to take the site down for 5 minutes here and there). Its looking good though, and yes EW I will have much more control over it (Can do whatever I want). Plus, because no data is transferred to BC - theres no chance of anyone intercepting the data to create a "spoof" user in the BC chatroom pretending to be me or anyone else. It is fully linked into the BM database now, and users can be removed, banned, hidden etc etc. Plus you know for sure that everyone in the room is a subscribed user as the room is linked into the database. If someones subscription expires whilst there in there, they will be removed and prompted to subscribe. If anyone wants to cause trouble or post spam - they will have to pay to do so, and most spammers wont bother. Preview to come later today, if not the full thing

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/06/2007 10:43  

nice one matt

Update Reply
RC @ 28/06/2007 12:10  

I must be going gaga cos I could swear Matt said that BM and BC SHARE the chat room, this is the first I knew about there being TWO chat rooms. Also confused me cos when I've asked some folk, that I've been chatting with, if they are on BC or BM they've mainly said BC. Before the changes was more confusing cos some of em weren't on either site lol So...(humour me) which gets the all singing, all dancing, NEW chat room, BC or BM?? or is it one chat room between the two sites?? Should I order more wool?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/06/2007 12:23  

We share the same chat room at the minute kwak!!!! You know we do! BM will have it's own chat room as Matt described above and BC will have a chat room-we haven't got 2 bloody rooms at the minute, just a shared one! We use BC's chat room at the min. So we get the new one.

Update Reply
Di @ 28/06/2007 13:22  

Wellll....that's wot I thunked diddle I? So I'm not going gaga, phew!! (ok, 'I'm not going MORE gaga') Matt!!! Mistress Di used a cuss word!! Naught-ee naught-ee *wags finger* (unless the chat room does bleed, in that case Di didn't cuss) rofl

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/06/2007 13:42  

Update Reply
Di @ 28/06/2007 14:08  

omg thanks god im sane lmao

Update Reply
RC @ 28/06/2007 14:12  

Since when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 28/06/2007 14:15  

and i thought U was my mate!!!!! lmao

i am sane (when im asleep) hahahahaha

Update Reply
RC @ 28/06/2007 14:20  

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccccccccc ! you dont sleep much do you ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2007 14:52  

Think Matt has gone insane too! He's talking to himself in the new Biker Match Chatroom. All on his own!

Update Reply
Di @ 28/06/2007 16:14  

lol diane

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2007 16:16  

well i did'nt like to say di lmao

oi scooby i dont know what u mean

Update Reply
RC @ 28/06/2007 17:01  

well ive finished it - draft stages. Mods are currently testing it - but im off out on the wee now so ill see how you've all got on with it tomorrow. Fingers crossed there will only be a few changes to make. Mods - please try and break it, and let me know what you did to break it

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/06/2007 17:28  

ur tellin us to break it.......... ok wheres me mallet! pmsl

Update Reply
RC @ 28/06/2007 17:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email