MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

SE Camping Weekend KENT 3-5 Aug 2012

SE Camping Weekend KENT 3-5 Aug 2012 (12) - Forums [Biker Match] SE Camping Weekend KENT 3-5 Aug 2012 (12) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

SE Camping Weekend KENT 3-5 Aug 2012

Thats a bummer Valerie, i know it was there when you left us at the bike show in Aylsford. Can you not do a temp repair ?, red nail varnish on the bulbs or something like that. Don't want a tug from plod for showing white light to the rear. It was good meeting you and david at long last. Safe journey home. Regards Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 06/08/2012 09:52  

What a great weekend despite several set backs.A good turn out in the end with several BM visitors to the site over the weekend.

Weather was kind to us overall in fact most of time it was just right!
So glad Bazz was strong enuff to make the weekend and I sure he enjoyed it. He didnt stop nattering (guess he got lots to catch up on) !
The 40s thing was certainly different! It was well organised and very friendly there.
We had a sit down meal in the restaurant Friday eve as a treat...an it was LUSH..posh even! Compliments to the staff at the Farriers.Everyone commented the food was top quality and we got what we paid for.
We had a good natter and took advantage of cheap beer.
Saturday got off to a slow start and we had breki at the local cafe owned by WSB rider LEON HASLAMS MUM, lots of his piccies up and food was great. He was a local lad before hitting the big time.
We spent rest of day/eve on site just chilling out and looking fwd to the fish n chip super.
The food was again great, bread n dripping I not so sure about....
A late night for some in the bar....you know who you are!
Sunday morning bought out the moon.....a rare sight at 9am...as she reversed outa the tent.
Another leisurely start and another trip to the cafe.We arrived at the Aylesford bike show just in time to see the stalls starting to pack up..sorry folks, my fault. However we got a taste of it and vowed to return next year to see the whole show and perhaps relocate camp nearer with a ride out to Rykas too.
Thanks to all that attended and understood the difficulties Sarah and I faced over the weekend..bit of juggling of priorities involving ill children but we compromised and all was good.
James was taken to hospital and has been diagnosed with a possible viral bug.He is asleep on my safa as I write.
Max my GSD ran into a barbed wire fence and big thankyou to those who helped with first aid for him, there was blood everywhere and looked esp bad on a white GSD. Special thanks to Nobby. He has a swollen eye but seems to be healing fine.
Glad your bike made it home ok Dave.
I wonder if your lamp was nicked at the bike show val?

Oh and Baza looked great on the new Guzzi Calli..
Just home after staying at the camp site for an extra night and unloading gear is my next job...

Looking forward to the next SE BM event...and then KISS rally.

If anyone want to meet up Sunday PM me.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 06/08/2012 10:14  

Thanks to you all for making my first camping trip in years fun, from the girls faces when biting into the lemons to Baz's attempt at trout tickling in the bar. And the £1 a pint on friday went down well. I hope James is feeling better today.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 06/08/2012 12:54  

Well guys and girls not much more i can say, except it was a really
great weekend.
Sorry i could not camp :( but i enjoyed the evenings.
Well done Andy & Sarah and all that helped to make a great weekend.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2012 18:21  

sorting next years event soon..planning stage now.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 06/08/2012 20:25  

Thanks for uploading the photos,

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 09/08/2012 21:58  

camping, bloody camping, it's only twenty minutes from me house, good saturday night though.

Update Reply
xj @ 09/08/2012 23:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email