MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Riders C.R.A.S.H Card Receives Award

Riders C.R.A.S.H Card Receives Award - Forums [Biker Match] Riders C.R.A.S.H Card Receives Award - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Riders C.R.A.S.H Card Receives Award

The phenomenal success of the free CRASH information card for bikers has won a Prince Michael International Road Safety Award for 2012. The annual award recognises achievements and innovations that will improve road safety, and the CRASH (Caution, Road, Accident, Serious and Help) card was presented with an award recently at the Ace Cafe London. The card can be placed securely within a helmet and a green sticker can be fixed to the helmet to indicate that the card is contained inside. It contains vital information about riders, such as their medical information and history, which could speed up treatment.Members of the Ambulance Motorcycle Club came up with the idea of the card. Club chairman paramedic and Essex biker Ian Burrell said: “The card has been designed by serving paramedics who have been on both sides of an accident as the injured rider or attending as help. “If a biker is injured and unable to talk coherently because of concussion or having been knocked out, how does the ambulance crew find out who the patient is, what medication they take, or medical history? What information does the 999 call centre need?”CRASH is now the most popular medical alert in the country and is still growing in the UK and USA – the organisers hope to have given out half a million cards by Christmas.How can I get hold of one?Either go to www.ambulancemoto...com or there are 10,000 cards available at the Motorcycle Live show at the NEC, Birmingham, thanks to Midlands Air Ambulance.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2011 08:05  

I've just visited the ambulance MC site and it looks like you have to be eligible to join before you can request a card, so looks like getting them at the NEC is a better way, if you can get more than one card please do and pass it on to someone else, yea? Cheers.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2011 08:11  

Last week while at Squires there were a few sheets, with the green dot (to stick to your helmet) and info card (for inside your helmet), they are/were on a table behind the first column as you enter the cafe from the front.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2011 08:26  

Sandi; you can also request them from your insurance company on renewal etc. I've heard the bigger company's have been given them.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 31/12/2011 03:10  

Thanks for the info B D, it doesn't apply to me as I don't have a bike anymore.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/12/2011 16:21  

As someone who has been fronted by a biker involved in a RTA, this is great news. I was newly First Aid qualified however, the course doesn't prepare you for what to do if the victim is a biker. Fortunately at this time, I was in the company of a life long biker, so I didn't need to worry as he took control of the situation.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 01/01/2012 12:07  

Sandi ... No probs, info for other peeps though

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 05/01/2012 10:18  

I am a member. I'll have a word to see if I can get some for BM.

Update Reply
Phil @ 05/01/2012 22:16  

B D I know, I was just saying it doesn't apply to me and thanking you for adding the info PP that would be brill, thanks

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/01/2012 07:16  

No worries Sandi your welcome ;)

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 09/01/2012 10:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email