MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Help needed, network info

Help needed, network info - Forums [Biker Match] Help needed, network info - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Help needed, network info

Trying to set something up at home. House is connected to internet through a wireless router which is connected to the phone line, this is working fine, I then want to set up a system where I can have wireless in the shed outside. What I already have is a gadget connected by wire to the router and the other end to a mains socket in the house, in the shed I have another of these gadgets plugged into another socket and a wire going to a laptop, this magically gives me internet in the shed, what I want to know is can I connect the wire in the shed to another wireless router instead of the puter to give me wireless in the shed. Come on can't be that difficult or is the another way. Don't say use the house wireless as the shed is too far away to connect. :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 17/11/2011 21:42  

well its really easy :) if you are any good with computers and related stuff

you need a WLAN wireless router its similar to ADSL router but has additional WLAN port similar to LAN but its called WLAN

you need to connect the wired RJ45 ( cable from your home to shed) into the WLAN first try to connect this router with a LAN and install the software / drivers so you can configure the wireless network according to your need

2 things you need to keep in mind

1. Make sure the wire from home is connected to WLAN port

2. The network (DHCP) is configured to a different private ip range most probably your current ip will be in the range of 192.168.1.xx or 192.168.0.xx

If you current ip range is 192./168.1.xx then you need to configure your WLAN router to 192.168.0.xx range and vice versa

Once its all configured you can use wireless with anything

If its confusing let me know and I'll see what else i can do

good luck

Update Reply
Mubz @ 17/11/2011 23:29  

Damn!.. I was just going to say that.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 18/11/2011 00:06  

WB did you get it sorted?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/12/2011 08:17  

Still working on it , but getting closer thanks? It's a bit cold out there in the shed so I'm not spending too long in there.:-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 18/12/2011 17:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email