MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Don't be so damn stupid!!

Don't be so damn stupid!! - Forums [Biker Match] Don't be so damn stupid!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Don't be so damn stupid!!

Sorry but I have to post this... I'm so frustrated with people who can't look after themselves. If we all took a little more care on the internet then spammers wouldn't survive!

Yesterday this PM was sent to many people by a new member of the website with no profile photo...

"Hello! My name is Eketerina. I am a girl who is looking for a man
serious relationship. I watched a lot of profiles on this site, and
among all profiles to me like your best. I am very pleased meet with
you closer. but unfortunately I have no way is a long time on this
site and would be better if we are going correspond by email. My
email: ekatyerinnkaaa/at/yahoo/dot/com. I very pleased if you write me
your letter. Then I need you I will write my letter of reply and send
you my very best photos. I wish you a good mood. Your new friend
Eketerina."

Ok so... hands up who is STUPID enough to respond to this PM?

78 of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands up who is stupid enough to EMAIL this person?

No idea how many of you did, but I can see that SOME of you did...

“I have sent you an email! xxx”

“Hi Eketerina have just emailed you.”

“hiya thanks for message and ive sent u an email x”

Ok and here goes the prize for dumbest people on BikerMatch. Who here is stupid enough to break the site rules AND fall for this trap at the same time??

“Hi Babe, nice of you to get in touch, you sound fancinating where do you come from and where do you live? if you want to send me a text I can give you my email address if you want to send a photo of yourself on the email or on your phone so I can see who im talking to that would be great xx. Phone number 0******”

“hi you can always get hold of me by phone 0*****”

Do some of you need to go back to school??

If your bank details get stolen, computer gets hacked, you get bombarded with spam... YOU DESERVE IT!!! Don't blame me or BikerMatch moderators for your stupidity.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2011 12:16  

By the way, I removed the names from the above PM quotes to protect people from the embarasment.

The mods can't hold your hands and spoon feed you all the time

Thank-you to the 3 people who reported the profile

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2011 12:18  

I wonder if Microsoft have called these people yet to tell them they have a problem with their computer.

Update Reply
Phil @ 11/11/2011 12:26  

haha indeed. It's no wonder it's such big business this spam/scam industry... people are so stupid they fall for it.

As we said via email earlier... bring in a mandatory exam for everyone before they can use the internet!

I hope to God the banks don't pay for the mistakes these people make. They should just lose their money and learn their lesson.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2011 12:44  

Hi Matt, sorry I had this one, shud have reported it instead of just deleting! .......look forward to meeting you on the German fling

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 11/11/2011 12:50  

yes i also recieved this pm. So i automatically blocked the user. I've seen it all before. Now i've got to go cus i've just had an email from singapore about an account in a man's name that is just like mine. But he's died without leaving a will, and some kind bloke from the investment brokers has offered to split it with me. How cool is that, now where's my cheque book, i need my account details off it :-). Matt's right, if it looks too good, it isn't :-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 11/11/2011 12:55  

I didn't get this one. Although sending them the number to MI5 would have been amusing ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 11/11/2011 12:56  

Mmmmmmm i can feel a pm coming on ................. now what name should i use lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/11/2011 14:00  

How about.... "Hello! My name is Matt. I am a gay bloke from Holland who is looking for a manserious relationship. I watched a lot of profiles on this site, andamong all profiles to me like your best. I am very pleased meet withyou closer. but unfortunately I have no way is a long time on thissite and would be better if we are going correspond by email. Myemail: Matt/at/yahoo/dot/com. I very pleased if you write meyour letter. Then I need you I will write my letter of reply and sendyou my very best photos. I wish you a good mood. Your new friendMatt."

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2011 15:48  

I don't get it

You sure there's nothing you want to tell us about yourself? You do go on a bit, I think you're hiding something.

And I thought Simon inherited my title dammit?

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2011 15:54  

Not that I got the email anyway - but you have a contradiction in the T&Cs of the site Members are not permitted to include personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or other website references) when posting on Biker Match (this includes profiles, forum messages, private messages, events or anywhere else). This is to protect our members from abuse by individuals maliciously collecting such data for unsolicited purposes. It is of course out of our control if you exchange personal information privately at one of our events, but you remain personally responsible for this and Biker Match take no responsibility for what happens to your personal data.You may exchange phone numbers via Private Message when you feel that you can trust the recipient, but Biker Match does not take responsibility for any actions taken offline nor how the recipient uses your phone number. Email addresses are NEVER permitted however, as they are almost only ever given out by spammers looking to entice people into giving away their own email address. so which is it ?? is it against site policy to exchange contact details via PM or not ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2011 15:55  

WHAT ?!?! You mean you lot got the same message as well?? OMG.... for a short while i felt SO special

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 11/11/2011 16:11  

Weird......you are so special.....NEEDS

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2011 17:19  

OUCH!

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 11/11/2011 19:37  

Haha someone has read the rules! Holy crap

The 2nd rule was added at a later time...I'll change it when I get home

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2011 20:04  

now i`m wondering whats so wrong with me that i don`t get spam and bogus emails!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 11/11/2011 21:17  

I would just amend the wording as in line with other sites of a similar nature Matt, although like was said before - BM has tended to move away from a focused dating site to more of a social site. emails probably a no-no anyway but it can be quite tricky to arrange meets without any contact details at all (specially if someone gets lost or has problems getting to an event). I would be always be cautious/suspicious if someone who had never contacted me before suddenley wanted personal details.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2011 02:19  

Wasn't sure wether she was an African prince or " I love you long time!"

Update Reply
YID @ 12/11/2011 05:34  

It's all very well having these rules but it begs the question of how this new member got past the front door and onto this site in the first place.
Just asking :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 12/11/2011 08:35  

That's simple wheelbarrow, anyone is allowed to join BM but the Mods can't pre-empt any PM's that person may send.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2011 10:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email