MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

LIDL 10 Nov 2011 thermals

LIDL 10 Nov 2011  thermals - Forums [Biker Match] LIDL 10 Nov 2011  thermals - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

LIDL 10 Nov 2011 thermals

This Thursday ( 10th November ) LIDL have some winter clothing including some base layer thermals and thermal socks in store. http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offer...date=25896 For anyone that hasn't used LIDL or Aldi before, their products are usually good quality at a fairly cheap price but they only have limited stock on these special offers. I got a thermal top over 2 years ago and it's been great.

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/11/2011 18:30  

thanks hun will smash piggy bank

Update Reply
JP @ 07/11/2011 18:40  

lol.. your welcome

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/11/2011 18:43  

How often do you go snow boarding on your bike Karey?

Update Reply
harry worth @ 07/11/2011 21:25  

all reasonable kit too as most of it is TUV rated

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 07/11/2011 21:41  

Ahh well Harry, seeing as Ziggy is my only mode of transport this winter, probably quite a lot! lol Has anybody tried those thermal socks? are they any good? Stroggy..what's TUV mean?

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/11/2011 21:50  

TUV = Thermal UnderVear? Kaz I wouldn't try the thermal socks cos they have wool in 'em and I'm allergic, I'd love to have the thermal top and leggings tho, shame I'm in a permanent state of poverty lol.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/11/2011 21:55  

@ Karey TUV is the (quite strict) German version of our British Standard tag (remember the "kitemark"??) it is also the standard by which the German motor tradeis rated (and possibly other stuff but i'm not sure on that aspect)

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 07/11/2011 22:05  

My guess wasn't a bad one lol I'd no idea it was German. I know, I'm pretty thick.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/11/2011 22:25  

lol @ Sandi... Cheers Stroggy!

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/11/2011 22:51  

@ Sandi Lidl is a German company for future reference and trivia quiz questions

@ Karey yer welcome

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 08/11/2011 20:56  

I got a thermal top over 2 years ago and it's been great Isn't it about time you took it off for the wash?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2011 21:10  

Karey as Stroggy said T.U.V is the testing body in Germany responsible for safety testing a whole range of products similar to the British Kite Mark etc. Germany has one agency that tests everything, including cars and bikes. The testing standard is far more stringent to the UK. So anything you buy which has T.U.V you are sure to get quality. e.g German vehicles must pass a TUV test (like the British MOT, but much tougher). Also parts sold to be fitted to German cars must themselves be tested and get a TUV certificate which the driver must produce if requested. Maybe this should have gone in the 'Trivia' thread, joys of living out there for 14 years

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 08/11/2011 21:34  

XK... nooooo it's like my snuggle blanket, besides, if I took it off it would stand up on its own! lol
Thanks bomb ... I lived out there too and passed my driving test out there! ( no roundabouts...wooo hoooo lol ) but I hadn't heard of TUV.. so thanks for the info ( and Stroggy too! ) Look out for when ALDI and LIDL have their motorcycle specific items in store. I've heard good reports about the crash helmets/textiles/boots etc. I got a kidney belt and a motorcycle cover from Lidl... both have been great except the wind got hold of the cover and it got ripped on the tree branches near my bike, but the stuff is good quality.

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/11/2011 10:31  

ta for info I be there tmrw as its gtn colder!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 09/11/2011 10:43  

Thanks for the edumacation, I know how to pronounce LiDL (Leedle not Liddle, well that's what the person said in the advert) but had no idea it was German. Now I've been edumacated about T U V I want the thermals even more, I must get selling my unwanted stuff to help pay for it. (For future ref, too late for tomorrow)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/11/2011 10:44  

Has anybody managed to get anything?

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/11/2011 10:44  

I managed some of the socks , I didnt see this before , but got some thermal socks last year from their ski range ...

OK yes I agree I got the pink ones & the blue ones last year disappointed this year that they didnt have them lol

The winter insoles I can highly recommend for keeping warm tootsies too and foot hotties ... like hand hotties but to slip under your toes

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/11/2011 10:49  

I got a kidney belt from LIDL a few years back and its brill !!!

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 10/11/2011 16:23  

Got a pair of winter boots today, basically lace up, lined, warm soled sturdy, short wellies. Ideal for my job which is 80% outdoors. I got their thermals last year, and they're good too. . . . thermal bottoms under my kevlar jeans is well warm enough for this time of year.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/11/2011 16:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email