MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Uploading photos to events

Uploading photos to events - Forums [Biker Match] Uploading photos to events - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Uploading photos to events

Please can I ask everyone to be a little more selective when uploading to the calendar? If you have 5 identical photos of the same thing, taken at the same time... PLEASE select the best one! Don't just upload EVERYTHING. The same goes for when you take photos of other people not looking particularly good... have the decency to NOT upload photos of other people not in their best light. I have just added 200 photos from this weekend to the calendar. I started with 414. I have removed many duplicates and fotos which other people would not want me to add to the internet. Please can you all do the same in future. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2011 10:06  

Matt could't you just go and delate ones we dont need or is it a big job

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/10/2011 10:16  

Boss Man did you mean to upload pics of your gay friend lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/10/2011 10:18  

Bill... I've deleted a bunch of duplicates but it's a pain in the arse and I shouldn't need to. If we all deleted our own duplicates BEFORE uploading it would save me a load of work. Plus when you get 3 identical pictures of a group and different people start tagging themselves in different photos it just gets messy. There were also a lot of unflatering photos on my camera (especially late into the evening lol). I certainly don't want people posting such photos of me and that's why I always do the respectful thing of removing them photos before putting them all over the web. It's just good manners if you're going to put a camera in everyone's face that you pick out the better ones only.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2011 13:53  

Have to agree Boss Man , i do get a lot of requests off folk asking me to delete pics that they dont like of themselves and 99% of the time i must admit that they are unflattering ones :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/10/2011 14:07  

Cheers Matt....true to your word, thank you

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/10/2011 16:07  

In the past some people have been kind enough to say that I've taken good pictures of them. Of course, it's nice to be flattered, but part of the trick is to be very discriminating about what you load on to the website. Take 100 or more pictures by all means, but be asbolutely ruthless about selecting your ten best ones. You know it makes sense!

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/10/2011 16:24  

Bump... i want everyone to read this topic

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/10/2011 10:41  

Yep read it but I cant post pics anyway to techi for me lol Well Matt, if folk keep doing it then just deleat all there pics thay will soon learn

Update Reply
JP @ 18/10/2011 14:09  

nah it's a ball ache for me to delete their pics. Folks just need to learn to be a little more respectful. Don't just upload everything you take because you're too lazy to filter out the rubbish

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/10/2011 14:46  

Thats what you have Mods for Matt

Update Reply
JP @ 18/10/2011 14:48  

The mods will pop if I put anything more on their shoulders... it's already enough dealing with all the spammers and trouble-makers.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/10/2011 14:52  

It's not a mod's job is it? According to the job spec', for the calendar admin (me) it states The Calendar *Admins are responsible for maintaining and contributing to the Events Section on Biker Match. Each event that is added to the website needs to be checked for errors and suitability, as do any photographs uploaded by members. *it should be singular not plural I only see the photos AFTER they've been added to the calendar.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/10/2011 20:40  

Well volunteered sandi you got the job start tomorrow lol Matt pass her the rubber and new crayons

Update Reply
JP @ 18/10/2011 20:44  

LOL I've had the job for years J P

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/10/2011 21:26  

and the crayons! She keeps eating the green ones

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/10/2011 22:21  

Isn't that what me mam meant when she said 'eat your greens'?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/10/2011 04:12  

Just refreshing this for those who haven't seen it and to remind those who have.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2011 09:10  

Thread read and notice taken, I will go and check pics I posted now!! I do often post event photos before the event to let folk know what the venue is like, trust this is ok.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 19/12/2011 12:38  

That's fine putting up pics of the event beforehand Andy, always helpful.

It's mainly the duplicate ones and the unflattering ones that don't need to be uploaded.

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 19/12/2011 17:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email