MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Kiyo HM PLant Part company

Kiyo  HM PLant Part company - Forums [Biker Match] Kiyo  HM PLant Part company - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Kiyo HM PLant Part company

Pretty inevitable really! However, I hope this isn't the last we see of him: Three-time British Superbike Champion Ryuichi Kiyonari has waved goodbye to HM Plant Honda, the team with which he took his titles, and will more than likely not race in the series for the foreseeable future. The Japanese rider has had a poor season with personal issues adding to problems he had with the new ride-by-wire system that was forced upon the Louth-based squad due to rule changes by the FIM just before season start. I am disappointed that I couldn’t have a better result to end the season. We have worked hard and I need to thank the HM Plant Honda team for their support to try and help me improve over this year," said Kiyonari. Team boss Havier Beltran added: "It has been a difficult season for Kiyo; with him the HM Plant Honda team has won three BSB titles and scored 43 race wins which makes him the most successful rider in BSB history. We want to thank Kiyo for the successes we have celebrated together over the years. "He will always be part of the Honda family and we wish him all the best for the future, in whatever he decides to do, as he will not be returning to the HM Plant Honda team in 2012."

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 11/10/2011 20:00  

sad news as on his day he is a truly great rider, and a lovely gent! i'm guessing he will remain an employee of HRC in some capacity?? x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2011 21:20  

I'm sure he'll be bashing laps in on another Honda before long.

And don't forget his amazing successes at the Suzuka 8 hour, I doubt he'll be giving that ride up easily.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2011 22:33  

despite all the problems he has had this year and considering the opposition - he still got into the top 6 for the shootout. Which I think still shows what a rider he is.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2011 00:33  

Ditto Mandy, he has always been a favorite of mine

Update Reply
Ninja Lou @ 18/10/2011 22:27  

Dont be so sure! watch this space.

Update Reply
ayjay @ 21/11/2011 18:52  

so Ayjay - what do you know that we don't?????????? come on tell all

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/11/2011 18:59  

I heard team Spesh have signed him for next year!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 21/11/2011 19:04  

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that's a secret!!!!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/11/2011 19:27  

OOPS............sorry not any longer!!!!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 21/11/2011 19:42  

Dont know bout Kio now that kirkham and Laverty are going to Honda, but kirkham taking samsung money might mean the end of HM plant Honda, or i could be talkin bo££ocks!

Update Reply
ayjay @ 22/11/2011 16:09  

Or maybe good to see Castrol Honda back in Louth!

Update Reply
ayjay @ 01/12/2011 21:41  

According to Bikesportnews Kiyo has been signed by Honda Asia Quote 'Exile Ryuichi Kiyonari has signed to race for Honda Asia' so I assume we won't see him in BSB in 2012.

Update Reply
Dug @ 23/12/2011 16:18  

that'll be a shame - but hopefully he'll get his head sorted & we'll see him back in the coming years Welcome to BM btw Dug

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/12/2011 18:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email