MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

CBR Super BLACKBIRD Fault

CBR Super BLACKBIRD Fault - Forums [Biker Match] CBR Super BLACKBIRD Fault - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

CBR Super BLACKBIRD Fault

Has anyone any idea or experience with a CBR 1100 having an electrical fault? The symptoms are whenever i press either brake the engine cuts out, when i indicate with the lights on they both flash wildly but are ok when the lights are off, they come on solidly when i apply the brake both back ones at the same time.If with the lights off i switch them on the FI light comes on again and engine cuts out.Have trawled the Internet but no joy, thought someone here might have a clue?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2011 19:21  

Sounds like you have an electrical short somewhere or a dodgy earth.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 03/10/2011 19:29  

bad earth ? have you changed any bulbs latley you could have fitted wrong bulb and be getting a short

Update Reply
JP @ 03/10/2011 19:38  

No JP, haven't touched the bike at all, i thought it might be something to do with the heat of the day as we were having to go through a bit of slow traffic and temp went up to 109 C, it's still under warranty so i will take it back to get fixed but was rather hoping someone might know something i might try before taking that step?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2011 19:43  

Take to shop if you touch it thay will have a get out of jail card

Update Reply
JP @ 03/10/2011 19:48  

But surely they can't tell it's been touched, it's not new lol?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2011 19:50  

You never know if its the ecu it could be a big bill. a mate just had a small elec fault on his vfr and cost him £295.00 in the shop just for loom repair and 2nd hand rectifier

Update Reply
JP @ 03/10/2011 19:59  

Known fault is with the rectifier/ regulator, think a common fix is a yamaha one!

Update Reply
YID @ 03/10/2011 20:04  

Hiya Markie, If your Blackbird is still under warranty then take it back to them as electrical problems are hard to solve.
But when i have had problems with my Blackbird i have found this web site to be the best.

http://www.cbrxx.com/forum.php

Hope it helps you.

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 03/10/2011 20:58  

Thanks Paul I'll have a look

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2011 21:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email