MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

just niggles

just niggles - Forums [Biker Match] just niggles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

just niggles

nothing important.. Having been on many other forums, I notice a couple of 'missing' features on BM(?):

... In each forum's list of threads: a little arrow next to the last poster's name, taking the reader to the very last post(?)

... The member's account/profile: no options for email notifications ~ replies to Your threads; replies to threads you have posted in, or threads you wish to follow etc(?)

Chances are they're in place and I haven't found them (it's an "age thang" y'know!), if so just yell

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 03/10/2011 01:16  

Hi j47
worth having a word with site staff about this

Update Reply
bkr @ 03/10/2011 07:13  

The lack of email is to stop spammers gathering addresses and selling the list. if you contact Matt he will look at any new ideas to improve the site

Update Reply
JP @ 03/10/2011 07:24  

any threads you post in should have an "eye" icon next to them - whoever made the latest post in that thread should be shown over on the right side of the page. (use the active topic listings?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2011 12:52  

Copy of my reply to your PM for others to see... Thanks for the message. You can jump to the last page using the page numbers then hit "Post Reply" which jumps you to the bottom. Sorry there's not little arrow button. I know what you mean though, and you're not just overlooking it. Maybe i'll add that in my next round of updates. The email updates I want to do but I'm struggling to find an email server fast enough to handle all the emails. Once I find one I'll do that. For now you can just go to My Account \ Profile and scroll to your forum posts section. Here you can see the topics you've posted in. On the right you'll see who the last poster was/time date. If I enable email updates now it will take like 30 seconds everytime you hit the Post Message button (on large topics) I actually built the forum myself, all the code, rather than downloading a template from the net. The reason being I didn't want any hackers online to be able to access the source code as this would put everyone's data in danger. So everything is hand made which means a few features get missed off simply due to the amount of time it takes to create some small features. Thanks again Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2011 19:28  

Matt ....

One idea ...

Can we have a lil thing on our PM's so we know which we have replied too ?

Recently I have replied twice to one PM & not at all to another cos I had to go back to them cos of being in work

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/10/2011 19:36  

Just replied to your PM about that.

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2011 19:43  

which PM's we have replyed to it's called a memory or look in the sent box

Update Reply
JP @ 04/10/2011 19:48  

One of the things I have wondered about is the map. I know that I can use google watsit, but I would find it a benefit if the main map on here was more detailed ie; if it actually had place names on it.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 19:52  

it would become too cluttered and messy then. Plus i'd have to manually add them all on there, it'd be a pain in the horse

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2011 20:25  

No problem Matt. I have always known that my geography is all history

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 20:29  

what map lol? ............ just seen the map, have never used it though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 20:57  

So where on earth are; Sandy, Brierfield and Erin?????

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 23:48  

Please can everyone stop bombarding me with PMs of new feature requests? This topic has caused loads of people to send me PMs saying "oh and can you do/change this..." I don't have time at the moment to add little features which take weeks to make, sorry. My health isn't good and I'm going through several operations while trying to hold down my day job which I'm close to losing due to my health. Thanks for understanding

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2011 15:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email