MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

EU BIll

EU BIll - Forums [Biker Match] EU BIll - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

EU BIll

I think we should all send e-mails to our MEP's to tell them to represent our wishes in the October Bill on the 17th. Demand they carryout due diligence on this and consult the biking community after all we are who these people represent. Do a web search for UK MEP's find your local one and e-mail, remind him of the weekends thousands across Europe who rode in protest.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2011 17:51  

Good idea mate... http://www.europarl.org.uk/section/your-meps/your-meps

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2011 19:13  

MAG member Jon Strong has had success in his highly detailed challenge to some of the EU Commission's most lazy assertions about what's good for you and me as riders.Now we can do something very simple that will help Jon press his case and shine a spotlight on the Commission's attempts to steam-roller further restrictions on bike design, modification and use.The European Ombudsman ( responsible for checking whether the EU is playing the game fairly ) recently found that the European Commission unjustifiably refused to answer Jon's queries or to supply official documents relating to a range of issues that will have a big impact on biking, eg; the changes to EU Type Approval, the potential for a Europe -wide super MOT test and development of safety technologies that could threaten biking as we know it. Jon has also asked to be shown the evidence in favour of EU proposals for random/ regular roadside inspections of motorcycles and for the Commission to show whether it has properly considered the liberty issues.ACTIONAll that is needed to show the authorities that there is genuine public concern about this, is for enough people reading this or hearing about it via us guys to contact the Ombudsman asking for copies of Jon's original complaint and the supporting documents. That will make sure the complaint wont get buried.GO HERE ; Ombudsman.europa.eu/shortcuts/contacts.facesQUOTE Ref ; 0875/2011/jf in your request, just asking for it will send the right message.The reason we need to do this are that the Ombudsman isn't totally convinced or supportive of Jon's efforts in trying to hold the Commission to account, he just needs some support from more members of the public i.e US!!So please carry out the simple email, re-post onto other forums you may be members on, this is the nitty gritty behind the scenes stuff that we dont see much of, the real campaigning by the likes of MAG etc, intelligent gentlemen who also happen to be bikers, taking the fight to the EU and picking loop holes with their oppresive ways.Cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2011 20:49  

great post, great comments

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/09/2011 08:37  

I have just emailed the Ombudsman, come on people if you are bikers step up and stand up for our rights now take the fight to the EU...because if i hear you winge and find out you have done nothing I will tell you shut the $*^k up...

copy

Dear Sir,

A short while ago Mr Jon Strong a very active member of the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) UK got in touch with you the ‘European Ombudsman’ (Ref ; 0875/2011/) about the European Commission and the fact that they
unjustifiably refused to answer Jon's queries or to supply official documents
relating to a range of issues that will have a big impact on motorcycling/
biking in Europe.

For example the changes to EU Type Approval, the potential for a Europe -wide super MOT test and development of safety technologies that could threaten biking as we know it. Jon has also asked to be shown the evidence in favour of EU proposals for random/ regular roadside inspections of motorcycles and for the Commission to show whether it has properly considered the liberty issues.

I would like copies of the original complaint and the supporting documents please.

I would also like to incorporate a request for supporting documentation/ evidence of direct consultation by the EU commission with the motorcycling community at large and what ratio of the biking community did the statistical information which they obviously claim is in favor of all of there proposals was taken from. ie how many did they talk to in numbers not percentages.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours Faithfully

John Bissett

Come on do your bit all......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 22:10  

Will do mate

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 06/10/2011 22:39  

So lets start a list of member who have a either complained to their MEP or the ombudsman... see who cares enough to bother, that way we may get some action.

Add to the bottom and re-post when you have done the above:

Johnnytb
Celticsilver

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 22:42  

email sent!

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 06/10/2011 23:03  

So lets start a list of member who have a either complained to their MEP or the ombudsman... see who cares enough to bother, that way we may get some action.

Johnnytb
Celticsilver
Bikeabill
Junction47

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/10/2011 23:25  

Johnnytb
Celticsilver
Bikeabill
Junction47
Sumo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 23:36  

Johnnytb
Celticsilver
Bikeabill
Junction47
Sumo
Marsey

Update Reply
marsey @ 07/10/2011 01:13  

So lets start a list of member who have a either complained to their MEP or the ombudsman...   see who cares enough to bother, that way we may get some action.

Johnnytb
Celticsilver
Bikeabill
Junction47
Sumo
Marsey
wheelbarrow

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 07/10/2011 08:08  

So lets start a list of member who have a either complained to their MEP or the ombudsman... see who cares enough to bother, that way we may get some action.Add to the bottom and re-post when you have done the above:JohnnytbCelticsilverBikeabillJunction47SumoMarseywheelbarrow XK

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 09:12  

Come on guys and girls lets see if we can get some momentum n this lets get it going, us British do tend to rant on but don't tend to follow up..... get emailing it will take you all of 5 minutes ..it will save you a fortune down the road

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 23:40  

Ok to make it easier for you here is a basic outline of what to write all you need to do is add your name possibly change it a little so it doesnt flag as junk mail..

Dear Sir,

I am writing to express my concerns as have 40,000 others at the recent peaceful protest by motorcyclists at the forth coming EU vote on proposals on motorcycle legislation's that some MEPs are trying to force through.

These proposals are not in the best interests of motorcycle industry and will affect the aftermarket motorcycle industry causing loss of jobs and businesses.

The costs to the individuals will also be so much that it will restrict motorcycling to the wealthy only and I believe no proper diligence has been carried out within the motorcycle community throughout Europe.

Many publications are showing in print that none of their readers report of any consultancy on this by official EU representatives, this in its self is not in the interests of democracy and by definition surely shows that these MEP's are not representing the wishes of the people this will affect.

I urge you to vote against any proposals that will add more expense to EU citizens who are struggling in this times of economic hardship

Kind Regards

Right come on the work is done put your name at the bottom get e-mailng, find your MEP cut and paste the link below in your address bar

http://www.europarl.org.uk/section/your-meps/your-meps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:10  

Johnnytb
Celticsilver
Bikeabill
Junction47
Sumo
Marsey
wheelbarrow
XK
desres

Update Reply
desres @ 08/10/2011 12:25  

Big Bump!

reckon something this important should be a sticky in each forum.

It doesn't take more than a few mins to add your voice.. to stop further legislation that will change biking as we know it(!) It Will affect everyone, regardless of the smoke and BS they try feeding us.

Take time out ppl, make the effort Before it's too late...

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 08/10/2011 12:53  

C'mon people, please add your voice it will be too late when the EU restricts us out of biking...... The pen is the only way to change a politicians view and vote......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 22:35  

come on everyone for 5 minutes of your time just copy and paste. All the information is here for you all we need is a few clicks of your mouse and a few minutes of your time to preserve motorcycling freedom for future generations....... Now is the time to act.....or forever hold your head down in shame because you couldn't be bothered......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2011 13:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email