MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Test passes at lowest level since records began

Test passes at lowest level since records began - Forums [Biker Match] Test passes at lowest level since records began - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Test passes at lowest level since records began

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-industry/test-...19056.html

Update Reply
marsey @ 20/09/2011 13:19  

This doesn't surprise me at all, marsey. I failed my test last December, cos I was only doing 46kmh on the swerve ( should do 50kmh!) but I managed to bring the bike to a stop safely and under control! It cost me £650 for a 4 day course on a GS500, only the 2nd bike I had ever ridden besides my 125. I was out every day from 8am - 5pm riding all day ..and covered every possible eventuality.. yet I failed on a stupid lack of speed..It's not fair. I'm desperate to do it again, but can't afford it at the min............ Xmas pressie donations greatly received

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/09/2011 13:35  

i wonder what car tests are like - but then again part of the reason for all the new test regs are to try to put people off bikes without an outright ban.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2011 14:56  

A few years ago I looked into driving instructor training. I went to the local office of a very well known company for some aptitude tests, and in the back office was a whiteboard showing the office's instructor's pass rates. The highest was 33%, and the lowest was 18%!

Where else can you get - and keep - a job with such cr@p performance?

Update Reply
Greg62 @ 20/09/2011 17:56  

i think it should be made law, that part of the car driving test, should involve the motorcycle C.B.T. , just to let car drivers now how vulnerable we are .

Update Reply
shah tiger @ 13/10/2011 01:14  

good idea shah but it will never happen, think the idea is to get us of the road not to help us in any way

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/10/2011 01:31  

I agree 1000000000% Shah have always said the same myself, I was driving for 20+ years before riding my own bike and can say it's improved my driving riding even tho before I was a pilly.

Kaz has nailed it,, with the new Euro rules and 2 part test it's a lot more expensive now to do a test on a bike than in a car .. Wonder if the number of those riding on L plates has also increased??

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/10/2011 02:11  

Well all i would like to say is any change that any goverment make to bike/car/truck or bus test is done to make more money under the aperance of improving road safety. Why would a driver/rider holding a full licence for meny years need to take a hazard awearness test before taking a test for another type

Update Reply
JP @ 28/10/2011 09:10  

Totally agree JP, though I did Find it strange that when i took my car test about 6 years ago, i did not have to take the written part because I had 3 wheeler (plastic pig) entitlement on my bike licence.

Update Reply
marsey @ 28/10/2011 09:41  

I bet thay changed that by now lol

Update Reply
JP @ 28/10/2011 17:42  

It is obvious to every one that nothing is done in this day and age without the chance to squeeze honest hard working people for more money, every godddamn thing that comes out of our Government or the EU parliament costs us.....can anyone remember the last time any law or rule came out that actually cost us less.....or wasn't actually given with one hand and taken away with the other....??? I cant think of anything?..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2011 18:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email