MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Still having trouble with ladders on the M1

Still having trouble with ladders on the M1 - Forums [Biker Match] Still having trouble with ladders on the M1 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Still having trouble with ladders on the M1

That's right on the M1 coming back from the KISS rally. There's me thinking how nice and easy it is after riding in the wind and the rain and the dark of the night before when shit!!! there's a double extension ladder laid on the road just a few feet in front of me!!! been following a 4x4 in the outer lane at silly speeds, not enough room to swerve and not enough time anyway, just aimed to miss the ends, the 4x4 had driven over them with out hitting them, didn't think i would but obviously i did or i would't be here now. Never been so frighten in my life it was a bit like looking down the barrels of a shot gun just before the triggers pulled, if i'd just been an inch closer i'd be dead now. I would probable of sheared of the side of them and hit the center barriers . That's two close encounters with ladders in the last few months hope there's not another, So just remember stay alert out there and dont ride beyond your ability

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/09/2011 02:32  

Hope you stopped and picked them up bill there a few quid to buy new lol

Update Reply
JP @ 14/09/2011 05:15  

How could someone not realise that they had lost their ladders though!!!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 14/09/2011 07:23  

((((shudder)))) ((((shudder)))) Oh my god Bill, that was a close rung thing Phew - I'm so glad to see shimmying you perefected on the dance floor came in really handy Bill oooh, I bet they realised they lost their ladders BL, but not a lot you can do about it when you're in the outside lane on the M1....probably legged it quick so they wouldn't be associated with the carnage that could have happened

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 14/09/2011 08:05  

Mr Bill you have the conjoined lives of several cats me thinks.

As i said to you at the time you also must have the reactions of good knows what to have avoided it :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/09/2011 09:28  

Not having much luck with ladders, are you Bill Glad you're ok

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 09:37  

Think they had only just fell of a van that was on the hard shoulder along with two cars with flat tyers. I stopped in the services nearby and the driver of a car came in after me with a split front panel and said the road was full of bits of body work and cars on the hard shoulder

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/09/2011 11:13  

Bloody Hell, Bill. So glad you had enough experience and luck to pull this one off. Promise never to giggle at the length of some of your ride-outs again...all that practise was clearly invaluable

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 14/09/2011 16:36  

Goodness Bill, glad to hear your ok hon, Glad it was not dark!

Jackie is right, you have stolen the lives of many cats, never mind one!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/09/2011 17:19  

Yes, it must have been more luck than judgement...we all know Bill can't ride for toffee

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 17:34  

Wow, glad you're ok Bill. How scary

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 19:19  

BILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
be careful, who's going to give all the ladies cuddles if you're not around??

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 14/09/2011 19:26  

Glad you're alright Bill x

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 14/09/2011 19:28  

Aye good miss!! Try taking it one rung at a time !!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 14/09/2011 20:33  

Your right about the dark Shell or even if it had been rain, it still makes me shiver to think of it. It's probably best not to think about it as we're so vulnerable out there, we know the risks and just have to get on with it otherwise we'd never ride our bikes.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/09/2011 23:41  

Scary stuff and a ½!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2011 02:29  

Bl**dy Hell Bill!!! have just caught this thread ...in the imortal words of Monty Python....You Luckeeee Barst*rd!!!! SOOOOOOO glad you're safe...although I suspect you need new leathers now?.....can dry cleaners get brown stains out of leather?? Mega big hugs to you (again!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/09/2011 09:51  

thanks HG yes i had to clench my cheeks a bit, i was working on ladders again this week and the wind blew them over just as i stepped of them, some people never learn LOL

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 16/09/2011 10:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email