MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Celeb privacy

Celeb privacy - Forums [Biker Match] Celeb privacy - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Celeb privacy

A programme has just started about how much privacy do celebs deserve. I think this question is completely pointless as celebs (no matter how pointless they maybe) are people and deserve just as much right to privacy as anyone else.

The whole phone hacking thing created this big hoohaa.... Oh my god, how aweful. How much lower can they go? and so on, but the public practically encourages it.

Personally, I think, if a celeb is at home then they should be safe from the public. What they say on their private phone is their business. Once they start putting it on public sites and misbehaving in public - that is an entirely different matter.

So what do you guys think?

Update Reply
gatvol @ 30/08/2011 23:44  

I always say if you poke your head above the parapet then be prepared to be shot at. So if you want to engage in the celebrity life style then don't start complaining when people start paying attention to what you do!!! Having said that all the phone hacking was a step too far

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 31/08/2011 00:02  

Of course, this is the only way some celebs stay in the public view.....

Update Reply
gatvol @ 31/08/2011 00:23  

I agree that the phone hacking was definitely a step too far and not just for celebs, some vuolnerable people were affected. However, that said, my problem with some celebs and the privacy the "desire" is that they want to switch it on and off, one minute they are looking for the attention and courting the press and the next they are wanting to keep a "low profile" they can't have it both ways.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 07:47  

I agree Only wanting staged/good publicity

Update Reply
bkr @ 31/08/2011 08:05  

Protecting celebs my foot . privacy laws being brought in under the guise of protecting our poor vulnerable celebs but being used as a screen for politicians to hide behind .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 09:55  

whats a celeb have no knowledge of what or who they are that sounds like to me that i dont give **** and that would be right lol
cait

Update Reply
caitlien @ 31/08/2011 11:21  

The phone scandal was a step to far. However imo celebs deserve all the attention they get - good or bad - they chose the lifestyle and reap the rewards so they should stop whining about it.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 31/08/2011 19:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email