MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best Sound For You?

Best Sound For You? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Best Sound For You? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best Sound For You?

I don’t really know what to go for next, the Jardine or Akrapovic.

But for the mo I’m quite happy with my ZX-6R sounding above 5 and winding down from 10k with a Scorpion.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 01:43  

Think it has to be the sound of my bike!

Not sure on the can! I'm a girl! I just know it sounds awesome!!! Lol

Update Reply
46kittykatt46 @ 31/08/2011 08:23  

J1M - you copying me with your gixer & yoshi??? lol - cant beat that combination!!!- GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 08:47  

Anything loud and deep. No offence Ethen but Ducatis leave me cold, all I hear from them is a sound like bolts have dropped off inside and they are rattling around. Don't tell my son tho he's got an Evo lol Any nice sound is welcome by me, being hard of hearing it lets me know I aint gone completely deaf yet.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2011 10:46  

Lol sorry Mandy, but you're right !!! I have a yoshi tri oval on my gixer and it sounds awesome. Getting new header pipes for it soon and a re map, hopefully will sound even better and lick more flames.

Also the cross planed crank R1 with akrapovic cans on sound amazing. Honda SP2 with Leo Vinci system sounds fantastic !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 14:12  

my man playing his bass of course

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 31/08/2011 16:15  

I love the sound of a triple. It's got an urgent hungry drive to it.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 31/08/2011 19:03  

I was initially thinking Saturn v rocket or Space Shuttle on lift off but Say_Ten just reminded me of my 900 Trident, especially when it developed a slight hole in the balance pipe and ignited some of the un-burnt fuel on the over run from some big revs, and a fist full of throttle on the way up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 20:36  

My SP1 with titanium race cans and BMC race filters thats was bl**dy loud, my old Honda CBX with 6 into 2 moto martin pipes sounded like an F1 car on a hot lap Couple of others (yeah i know the're cars but !!! Honda Vtec with race exhaust when it hits the vtec zone O-M-G if ever a car sounded like a bike !! Lamborghini or Ferrari V12 My new gixer thou doesn't need a loud pipe the induction roar coming from under the tank every time you give it a fistfull is intoxicating,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 20:42  

I love the sound of my bike, a V-Raptor (TL1000) with Art race cans .... Mainly 'cos it's the sound of PLAYTIME oh... and the dinner bell

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 01/09/2011 12:34  

Buells and Ducati's........love em

Update Reply
wenders @ 01/09/2011 20:34  

Came across this video a couple of years back. Griso with a GTR exhaust. Have the PC hooked up to sound system. This sounds awesome to me

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6019651341511555081#

have a listen

Update Reply
clarkee @ 01/09/2011 20:48  

That Griso doesn't sound too bad once the revs are up but it's so flat sounding at the bottom end, one thing you can say it's L-O-U-D Just wish i'd video'd my SP that thing rattled windows, when i sold it, i could still hear it 1/2 a mile away and that was with the baffles in, just wish i could have kept it and the gixer

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2011 21:36  

Apart from the rain on the window or the tent, for me it has to be the revs of a Harley or a Triumph and please don't forget about the vibrations!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 01/09/2011 21:44  

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6019651341511555081#

There you go clarkee, this might be easier for folk to use

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 01/09/2011 21:46  

Thank you Karen, like the curly hairdo

Update Reply
clarkee @ 01/09/2011 22:12  

My suzuki VL 125 with mega-daft screamin eagles Completely ludicrous but I love it My kids can hear their nutty mother on the approach home & get the kettle on lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/09/2011 00:38  

how about the syncronised sound of a couple of big twins, with termis on, traveling through small villages, mine on its own vibrates down deep into your soul (1200 s with full race system, minus cat) (aahem) but when ridden closly to another big twin they seem to sync sounds/vibrations, and set of every car and house alarm passed by, can feel it bouncing your heart around in your chest!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 06/09/2011 16:34  

/\ Ditto! But it's kinda loud along narrow streets.

Started my bike in the car park to come home from work the other day and one of my colleagues said afterwards that from inside his car, he thought somebody had hit him. There is a definite thud from those open Termis.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 06/09/2011 19:17  

ah but have you tried the solution to boy/girl racers driving too close to your rear end in town? (apparently) if you hit kill switch, and roll on a little , whilst doing (lets say) 30 ish, then start bike again, in gear, you get a lovely use for the excess petrol now stored in your open termis! the 2-4 ft flame from your exhaust def seems to encourage backing off? so much better in a tunnel! (aaahem, apparently) i must replace my singed nimber plate again soon.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 06/09/2011 21:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email