MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

E U Hands off Biking - 25 Sept 2011

E U Hands off Biking - 25 Sept 2011 - Forums [Biker Match] E U Hands off Biking - 25 Sept 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

E U Hands off Biking - 25 Sept 2011

Thanks to Bugsplat1961 for this event You can make your voice heard. Starting from service areas across the country, we all ride at 1pm, 45mph, using the inside lanes and disperse 20 minutes later. Negotiations are ongoing and as citizens we must be considered. Let's show what we could be capable of.The list of start points is changing all the time, but you can keep up-to-date by visiting the MAG website. The URL is on the calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2526

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/08/2011 23:00  

Is this event one for Biker Match events organisers? Rally the troops so to speak.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/08/2011 23:01  

Yes, let's get behind this one.

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 26/08/2011 23:37  

This is an event everyone should be getting involved in, as it affects all of us. Some of the proposals by the EU Commission are ludicrous, and if they make it to UK would have a seriously negative impact on motorcycling.

I'll probably be at Warwick services, M40 Northbound and hope to see others there too!

If you are not already a member, then please consider joining ... it's for the future of our biking!

Update Reply
kingarthursdog @ 27/08/2011 07:16  

Yes we should all surport this but due to other comitments i am unable to go hope its a big head turner and gets a large attendence

Update Reply
JP @ 27/08/2011 07:21  

T-shirts to wear over our leathers will also be available soon, info on mag's facebook page too! Need to hear our voice heard on this one!

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 27/08/2011 08:35  

26-08-2011 IMCO meet next week to discuss Regulation Amendments

The EU IMCO (Internal market and Consumer Protection) committee will be discussing the Amendments to the Type Approval Regulation for the second time, next Tuesday.The order of events for their day can be found here http://www.europarl.europa.eu/document/activities/cont/...5190EN.pdf

They have only allotted half an hour and it's not tabled for discussion at their next meeting on 19th September, so we'll keep you posted as soon as we have news of developments.

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 27/08/2011 09:06  

I would like to be a part of this if I can

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/08/2011 09:31  

Can you summarize what these proposals may mean to us in the UK? EDIT:It's okay, i found out... There's a raft of issues emanating from Europe that will have a profound effect on riders and the motorcycle industry generally and we must stand up. Some of them are driven by the EU Commission, like the new Type Approval and Market Surveillance Regulation that will see the introduction of compulsory ABS, the sealing of powertrains from the airbox, through the engine to the final drive (including the diameter and aspect ratio of the rear tyre), restrictions on the aftermarket industry, possible roadside checks by police or other government agencies to inspect emissions, detect owner 'tuning' and more.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2011 09:47  

Sandi can this thread be joined with "MAG (reposted)", "EU bike laws - demontrations against", "Anyone seen this and should we be concerned??" and "Cumbria Mass Ride Out Against European legislation." as they all contains more detail and are about the same issue thanks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2011 13:07  

Celticsilver it can be deleted, no need for several threads on the same subject

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/08/2011 14:54  

I dont look good in yellow day glow so will be out on the ride

Update Reply
Gsxskye @ 27/08/2011 18:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email