MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Carpal tunnel syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome - Forums [Biker Match] Carpal tunnel syndrome - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Carpal tunnel syndrome

Hi, Besides my slippy seat I have another problem!!!!!! I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, which means i get pain and after a while numb hands when riding. I have looked to see if there are any gloves etc that could help as it is currently impacting on my riding enjoyment!!! But only found moutain biking gloves not motorcycle. SO.......if anyone else suffers with this and has found a way to alleviate the discomfort or numbeness....PLEASEEEEEEE can you let me know.......Im desperate but not in that way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2011 18:03  

Will send ya a pm hunni, i suffer from it but draw the line at having the op done, was taught a few exercises a few year ago... will try and explain them to you, i also ride and old gsxr so i can deffo say they do work as dont have half the probs i used to have years ago

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 15/08/2011 20:19  

Hi This might sound daft but i have put lead inside the handlebars which help take the vibes out of them and stops my hands from tingling and going numb, i know this is not a cure for carpal tunnel syndrome but it may help a little, and as we all know every little helps!!

Update Reply
ayjay @ 15/08/2011 21:33  

I suffered badly with this a while back, my right had would go numb n this would travel right up my arm, so I know how you feel. The cure for me.............having the operation, not had any bother since

Update Reply
drobess @ 15/08/2011 22:49  

How long were you off with it and how long till you were able to ride again....I get withdrawal symtoms after a couple of days so not sure how I owuld be if it was a month or more??????????????????? Probably go absolutley nuts

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2011 23:00  

I thought you already were nuts!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2011 23:02  

I thought someone might say that................usually I say it first.............but in all honesty I am a little tiny weeny bit nuts or am i sane and its everyone else who is nuts

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2011 23:21  

or both? is the room your in white? no then it`s us!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 16/08/2011 23:09  

but damping the bars (with either lead, or aftermarket heavier end bar weights would help)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 16/08/2011 23:10  

if its happening mainly at low speeds, could try adjusting where you put your wieght, and take it off your wrists, but putting it through your backside and legs. This helped me quite a bit when I was riding my Daytona as it threw alot of weight onto the wrists. Also make sure you aren't cutting off the blood supply to your hands by doing your gloves up too tight. or maybe a glove which fastens slightly lower or higher up the wrist. They do need to be snug, but its easy to have them too tight without realising. Especially watch if you have something like a velcro strap which goes across the back of the hand - this can make cause problems if its too tight as it will push down on the back of the hand as the wrist is bent backwards to hold the bars. The only other thing I can suggest is to flex your fingers out now and again (kinda like a drumming fingers motion) which may get the blood flowing around your hands. you're not getting some arm pump aswell along with the CTS by any chance?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2011 00:53  

Hi Tcat, thanks for all your suggestions. When you say arm pump what do you mean? If you mean pain up my arm, i do.....if i ride for too long without shakying the numbeness out then i start to get pain travelling right up my arm till it hurts. Blooming old age isnt fun !!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2011 18:34  

i was off work for 5 weeks and off the bike for about 8 weeks but it was worth it having it done as i have complete relief from the problem

Update Reply
drobess @ 18/08/2011 22:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email