MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Slippy seat!

Slippy seat! - Forums [Biker Match] Slippy seat! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Slippy seat!

HI, I've got a problem!!!! When I wore my waterproof trousers for first time on my new bike they slipped all over the place. I felt really unsafe and turned back home and put my leathers on. Does anyone know of a non slip seat cover/pad???? that would stop my bum from sliding all over th eplace

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 10:50  

You can go to a bike shop and get non slip stuff called magic web, or such like, or go to any cheap shop and get anti slip strips that go under mats when they're on laminate floors to stop them slipping. Its the same stuff for a tenth of the price! We just take the seat off, wrap it round, then put it back on . . simples!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 11:35  

Thank you Slidy much appreciate....its not much fun having a slippy sit when you come to stop and your body doesnt stop with the big

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 11:38  

You do tend to slide a little bit with waterproofs on - but you should get used to it after a while. Especially if you are on a new bike too. Is it a completely new style of bike to you as you may find your muscles are still getting used to supporting your weight and balance (noticing it more so in the wer) but yeah if its a big problem then like do like Slidy suggests I do find with my leathers on that I end up sticking to the seat too much in the dry, and I tend to move around the bike a bit, specially on track days. (Although if its wet you shouldn't really be trying to outbrake Rossi )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 11:59  

I can't believe i said simples!!!!! . . . .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 12:51  

see Slidy ? they get in your head, no matter what you try to do and resist - the get in there . . go compare .. . damn I mean go figure

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2011 14:53  

You can get some black foam/rubber type matting, like a criss-cross pattern with holes, its whats used to line the drawers of a tool cabinet or box. You won't slip anywhere with that stuff,. getting back off takes a bit more care though, because it does grip well. Ohh,.. and its about the cheapest possible option you'll find too, just cut it to shape/size.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 13/08/2011 18:49  

Duck anti slip Matting from Wilko, i use it to protect my paint work from panniers, but it would work as a anti slip seat cover for a seat, good quality and you get a shed load of it for a fiver

Update Reply
marsey @ 13/08/2011 22:10  

Thanku guys for all your help , will be checking out your suggestions..... leathers ok for summer but not autumn, winter and spring.....well really in all honesty summer too ........... in wales any way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2011 01:49  

Lol, Slippy seat solution has just been on Dragon's Den

Update Reply
lisaj @ 04/09/2011 21:03  

Ha ha!! I saw that as well Lisa!

For all those that didn't see it, it basically consists of a sort of velcro patch that you strap to the seat and then ... the best bit ... is a kind of velcro nappy that the pillion puts on ... seriously!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 05/09/2011 18:41  

Ah! Made for goldwing owners then!

Update Reply
YID @ 05/09/2011 19:21  

It was hilarious wasn't it?

Update Reply
lisaj @ 06/09/2011 21:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email