MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

EU bike laws - demontrations against

EU bike laws - demontrations against (2) - Forums [Biker Match] EU bike laws - demontrations against (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

EU bike laws - demontrations against

Bump

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 21/09/2011 12:56  

Sunday 25th September

We are trying to stop all the E.U. anti-bike laws that are being 'pushed' through. The E.U. want to hammer us, even down to telling us what tyres we can use!!!
see facebook pages ie; Plymouth MAG, South Devon MAG, Mag Coventry, Warwickshire MAG, Derby MAG, etc.

The protest will take the form of a 'flash mob'. This involves bikers meeting up all over the country at 12:00, then leaving the meet points at 1pm to ride at 45-48mph on Motorways or major Trunk roads for 25-30 mins. You could then turn around and go home the same way...?

CHECK THE MAG WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK PAGES FOR MORE DETAILS!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/09/2011 14:38  

Here's the link for the e-petition against this madness...

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/5334

Please please go & sign it & pass it on through your e-mails etc etc

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2011 23:04  

Bump for Fireblade John, next time just look for related items youself

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/09/2011 03:19  

Some cracking slogans on the MAG Ireland website: http://www.magireland.org/forms/demo-slogans.pdf

Anyone got a marker pen I can borrow?

I know exactly what to do with my Hi-Vis now...

Update Reply
desres @ 24/09/2011 11:22  

Thanks Des,,,,nice one!

Update Reply
Karey @ 24/09/2011 11:25  

For those who haven't already put their name on the events calendar. Please take photos. Ride safely, don't want to lose any of you. Thanks to skinnylady for starting this thread and thanks to Steve (Bugsplat) for entering it to the events calendar. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2526

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/09/2011 11:33  

I'm heading for Ripley services from Walton on Thames bout 11 o clock if antone wants to join up.

Update Reply
SPRINT56 @ 24/09/2011 18:49  

Planning on heading to squires in the morning, what time are any folks meeting there to go to ferrybridge services?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/09/2011 19:23  

i shall be there about 11ish, there should be a few other BMers there as well

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/09/2011 19:26  

Good stuff, see you there!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/09/2011 19:49  

So who made it such a great ride? Me for one out of Longwater Norwich. Incredible sight and sound - manager at Sainsbury's was a bit miffed as we took over his car park! Really hope we are now listened too.

Update Reply
TheGhost @ 26/09/2011 21:07  

Welcome TheGhost!
Every one of us that turned out did!
I went from ferrybridge, M62, 750 bikes apparantly, was an amazing sight and sound!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2011 21:37  

The Ghost first post, one of many i expect welcome, i was one of the 750 with Kwak, it's nice to know you've dun something useful

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/09/2011 00:02  

MAG member Jon Strong has had success in his highly detailed challenge to some of the EU Commission's most lazy assertions about what's good for you and me as riders.Now we can do something very simple that will help Jon press his case and shine a spotlight on the Commission's attempts to steam-roller further restrictions on bike design, modification and use.The European Ombudsman ( responsible for checking whether the EU is playing the game fairly ) recently found that the European Commission unjustifiably refused to answer Jon's queries or to supply official documents relating to a range of issues that will have a big impact on biking, eg; the changes to EU Type Approval, the potential for a Europe -wide super MOT test and development of safety technologies that could threaten biking as we know it. Jon has also asked to be shown the evidence in favour of EU proposals for random/ regular roadside inspections of motorcycles and for the Commission to show whether it has properly considered the liberty issues.ACTIONAll that is needed to show the authorities that there is genuine public concern about this, is for enough people reading this or hearing about it via us guys to contact the Ombudsman asking for copies of Jon's original complaint and the supporting documents. That will make sure the complaint wont get buried.GO HERE ; Ombudsman.europa.eu/shortcuts/contacts.facesQUOTE Ref ; 0875/2011/jf in your request, just asking for it will send the right message.The reason we need to do this are that the Ombudsman isn't totally convinced or supportive of Jon's efforts in trying to hold the Commission to account, he just needs some support from more members of the public i.e US!!So please carry out the simple email, re-post onto other forums you may be members on, this is the nitty gritty behind the scenes stuff that we dont see much of, the real campaigning by the likes of MAG etc, intelligent gentlemen who also happen to be bikers, taking the fight to the EU and picking loop holes with their oppresive ways.Cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2011 20:52  

I did the Blackpool to Preston on the M55 and it was an awesome turnout .... 15-20 mph in all 3 lanes and clearly alot of support from the car drivers judging by the comments and horns and cheers along the way. All in all a good point was made by the hundreds who turned out

Update Reply
stretchmark @ 27/09/2011 23:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email