MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

I object

I object - Forums [Biker Match] I object - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

I object

This is one for the management. Why does it show that people are online when they are not. I looked at some forum posts etc without logging in - then looked at who was online - I was surprised to find I was online - which I wasn't (as I wasn't logged in) What is going on????????

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 08/08/2011 22:47  

Its all conspiracy is what it is .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2011 22:57  

Server refresh can be up to 30 minutes sometimes I think.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2011 08:11  

maybe, but I hadn't logged in for a number of hours. Conspiracy it is

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 09/08/2011 09:22  

every computer has its own ID, an IP number. some sites have you online, because you are, but you have to sign in to use the site.

Update Reply
bobbyfrankenstein @ 09/08/2011 09:30  

ha ha but why were you "online" without logging on? secret squirel? maybe the little man inside your computer could see you?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 09/08/2011 16:19  

That's a good point - I was using somebody elses computer

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 09/08/2011 16:40  

You will find that if you have not logged out of your account when you shut down your computer the site may keep you logged in!

Therefore when looking from someone else's computer you will see yourself logged in as you did not sign out from your last session.

(Hope that makes sense!)

Update Reply
RobL @ 09/08/2011 20:22  

Think you're probably right RobL, but this is probably one for the mods to answer. I never log out on the computer but always log out on the phone and on the phone I always have to log back in, but on the computer I never do.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 09/08/2011 23:55  

It's because Matt sells members details to companies who in turn sell these on to unsavoury individuals. These people are then able to log into your BM account and pretend to be you!!

Note: None of the above is true.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 10/08/2011 12:52  

Who on earth would want to be you!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2011 13:20  

When you login it flags you as logged in, when you log out it removes that flag. If you don't logout then you remain flagged as logged in, although I suppose this would time out after a period of inactivity. You stay logged in on the computer because the cookie on your machine that says you're logged in lasts a couple of weeks or so.

- Sorry for the boring answer ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 10/08/2011 14:25  

whilst it is in gripe mode if you look at the uk map it shows citys and how meny people are members so if i click on birmingham it shows people from outside the area you cannot calll stoke on trent birmingham even manchester profiles shows up is it to inflate the figures of members shown

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2011 00:10  

i just looked at the first 10 pages of profiles 100 out of the 100 only 11 was birmingham post codes stratford on avon litchfield derby all have moved on the map to brum

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2011 00:26  

It's cuz thay all want to be under the brum events flag lol

Update Reply
JP @ 11/08/2011 06:32  

As far as I'm concerned all those places are nearer to Brum than I am so that'll do for me (bet if I checked I'm actually closer but geography never was my strong point lol)

But you wanna try living where I do and being called a scouser Now that is wrong

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 11/08/2011 19:16  

thats ok jp but this is surposed to be a dating site thats what i paid for and if i put a serch in for woman in birmingham its surposed to show birmingham not manchester and other plases 50 miles away or even further away

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2011 20:02  

Clive, if you are clicking on the map, it's not just Brum, it's all of the West Midlands. If you use the full search facility, try putting in your own post code and select the number of mile radius that you would be happy to travel to meet someone. That way, you get the specific areas you want

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 11/08/2011 20:15  

yes i know but manchester is not in the midlands nor is stratford on avon nether is notingham and below the map it shows the citys and the amount of members i clicked on birmingham showing over 750 members i looked at 10 pages showing as in birmingham out of 100 profiles only 11 were birmingham postcodes its there in plain view for every one to look at thats all i said

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2011 21:25  

The main map shows matches in a 70m radius of B1. The Birmingham link it's 50m radius of B1. Heck, if you cba to travel 50m to hook up with someone then there's not much point looking there ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 11/08/2011 22:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email