MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Shoes

Shoes - Forums [Biker Match] Shoes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Shoes

No, this is isn't bike related and there's a bit of me that's reluctant to make this thread because people's eyebrows might start rising and questioning my masculinity but I was wondering whether anyone else has a thing for shoes?

I don't spend money on designer clothing, my bike is old and my bike gear is older but I do like nice shoes. I'm mad on English shoe makers and particularly love Jeffery West. I have to buy second hand because they're completely out of my price range but I'm so obsessed with quality english shoe makers that I put aside the idea that somebody else has worn them (euww!.)

The reason is mainly that you know a tiny tiawanese boy hasn't lost an arm stitching them. The main established english shoe makers have an international reputation and I love the idea that I can get my hands on time-honoured hand made quality using goodyear welt construction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welt_(shoe))

I just bought a pair of hardly marked Grenson boots which retail at £300 for £41! So chuffed :)

Just look at them! If the previous owner could afford them new he must have decent foot hygiene!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ite...500wt_1156

Would be lovely if someone could reassure me that I'm not the only one with this unhealthy obsession. x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:19  

er, i think you may well be!!! lol but each to their own - i like black shiny heels, shoes or boots!! (doesn't matter how well they're made as they're not worn for comfort!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:22  

I have 15 pair of boots : )

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/07/2011 20:25  

Hahaha! I don't know what possessed me to post this thread! It's definitely a point about shoes over other concerns though - jeans could have holes, shirt could be George of Asda but the shoes HAVE to be right!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:25  

Double post noob sorry:

15 pairs of boots says shoe obsessive to me - expand please!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:26  

Shoes and boots are my passion and it makes me laugh when you go in a shop and they ask you what your budget is - it OBVIOUSLY depends on how gorgeous the shoes or boots are! Not all shoes and boots are for going out though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:27  

Details please!!!! Maker? Design?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:29  

i have countless pairs of both shoes an boots - fav boots are pair of stupidly high kurt geiger - fantabulous!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:33  

All of mine are FM boots

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/07/2011 20:37  

Kurt Geiger, nice! Totally inconvenient and all the better for it I imagine. :)

Again, just to re-iterate, this is a thread for men and women!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:37  

Details? You're starting to sound like a perv lol. I have New Rock boots for when I'm on the bike or if I'm going to be standing up all night, but the rest are platforms and stilettos from various places - nothing from major designers as yet, although I love the red soles on the Christian Louboutin shoes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:38  

lol @ Trish, mine have been known to be!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:40  

all ladies boots should be FM's

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/07/2011 20:41  

dont have to be "names" though - inconvenience comes in any guises!! i just have to love them - need to feel the need to stroke them (not in a perv way BM!!) - and make me feel special when i put them on!! xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:42  

That's exactly it. I bought a pair of Jeffery West (lined with green leather) which had a comedy image stamped into the sole very lightly which was gone after 5 minutes wear.

The detail matters, the personal touch makes you feel looked after. Like a single malt with the label badly stuck on or a cuban cigar with a horse hair rolled into the leaf accidentally. None of it came off a production line.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:42  

i think the difference is that beautiful ladies shoes/boots make the wearer feel instantly more sexy and sexual - or maybe i am just a perv BM!! haha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:44  

but maybe thats just because i'm not a very "girly" woman, but nice shoes are one of the few feminine things i like (and dont get me started on perfume!!) lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:46  

It's definitely not an issue about gender/sex. As I say, for me it's purely about the personal touch - I know for certain that a relatively local human being has made them. A bit like my guitar, I pushed the boat out for that because so many are made on south east asian production nowadays that i paid the extra for a real american dude, probably chewing tobaccee while he made it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:49  

but thats what matters to you - what matters to me is that i like the aesthetics - the look of the shoe, the look when i'm wearing it, how it makes me feel instantly to put on a pair of gorgeous shoes!!
especially if i can find something a little unusual with buckles, laces, etc xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2011 20:52  

I always take my boots in a trailor......just incase!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/07/2011 20:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email