MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Good gloves at good price?

Good gloves at good price? - Forums [Biker Match] Good gloves at good price? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Good gloves at good price?

I'm looking for a decent set of gloves that help with vibration. With the gloves I've got I can ride for 50 miles max when i start to get the numb fingers. My gloves are old and have probably covered a few miles, I'm asking if anyone could recommend good gloves but not at silly prices, I'm happy to pay upto 70 quid, but not more unless i really have too. thanks in advance

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2011 22:43  

Hi Dave.....it might not have anything to do with the gloves.....mine go numb within minutes irrespective of what i'm wearing......touch of carpal tunnel .....should check and see if you've got it too.

Update Reply
loving it @ 09/07/2011 22:49  

i do work with power tools all the time, so that maybe where the problem lays, I'll google it and see what can be done, but I have a feeling Carpal tunnel maybe an op rather than a pill!, bugger, thanks anyway

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2011 22:55  

Try changing the grips to see if that makes a difference?
it may take some vibe away

Update Reply
321johno @ 09/07/2011 23:05  

Dave the 929 is supposed to be a very smooth motor, not vibey at all. Certainly the 'blade I had recently on loan from North Yorkshire was very revvy, but not vibey at all.

As such, it may be worth checking a few things such as throttle bodies sync, balancer shaft (if it's adjustable) and possibly even things like the front wheel bearings, front wheel balance weights etc.

Just a thought?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/07/2011 23:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email