MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Words/Phrases that annoy you

Words/Phrases that annoy you - Forums [Biker Match] Words/Phrases that annoy you - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Words/Phrases that annoy you

'I will give it 110%' Grrrrrrr, you can't achieve any more than 100% <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> 'Texted' Grrrrrrr, there is no such word!!!! 'I sent a TEXT, I received a TEXT, someone sent me a TEXT'....see what I mean!!!!<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Inaccurate uses of; their, there, they're, to and too<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> There are many more, but I need to; send a text, receive a text, get their supper ready so that it is 100% to their liking.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> And breathe <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 12.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 alt="LOL" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\PATRIC~1.THO\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:title="LOL"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/07/2011 16:33  

And then there's :- your and you're

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 16:35  

My point exactly

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/07/2011 16:46  

My pet hate phase at the moment is 'on my watch' it is the in word of the moment

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 16:48  

I cringe when people say, 'I hear what you are saying'.....because they may well hear me, because my voice is audible, but in truth, they do not understand a word that I am saying!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/07/2011 16:56  

BL... Good on ya lass :-)

He's agait, she's agait.... Wtf??

Nurses saying they've 'met themselves coming backwards' when you've seen them stood around the nurses station all damned day..

Patients who are 'short of breath on exertion' whinging for 10 mins without taking a breath between words...

Folks that say they wouldn't harm a fly when u know damned well they'd take the greatest pleasure in picking their wings off and feeding the bits to a spider

Oh and my favourite 'my problem is I'm too nice and too much of a walkover' when u know damned well they're working out ways to get one on u lol...

oooo just thought of another... 'I live eat breathe bikes' then u go to watch the races and they're asleep in 3 minutes, the bike comes out once a year and only when it's sunny and when u put the bikes on the box it's automatically turned over, series links disappear and then u get told 'no u can't hav a bike'.... And I'm only going to say this once- that will not happen ever again :-) lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 08/07/2011 16:57  

OH.....MY..........GOD!!...............AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Update Reply
clarkee @ 08/07/2011 17:13  

my current hate is "init!"" thats all i hear at work!!

Update Reply
46kittykatt46 @ 08/07/2011 17:35  

Clarkeeeeeee????

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/07/2011 18:33  

phrases that annoy me , blimey there are so many, :

its like totally awsome,
is it because i is black,
i think we should just be friends,
oh your twice divorced? never mind third time lucky!
did you want to top up your mobile or buy stamps while your here?
and the one that really bugs me> you like motorbikes? but your a girl!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 08/07/2011 18:42  

I once told my other half to "Cop yourself on!" and he hated that... he said he really REALLY hates that phrase. I chose my moments to say it to him now and then... the Devil inside me makes me do it!

Update Reply
SuzieSuzuki @ 08/07/2011 19:11  

My biggest pet hate, and I have a habit of bringing this into a lot of conversations lately (so apologies for being unoriginal), is use of the word 'NEED'.

For me 'need' is a blanket for a homeless dude, nutrition for a baby, water for everyone, ala maslow's hierarchy etc

'NEED' is not organic carrots, a 52" flat screen, to be listened to properly. This makes me sound really intolerant but it seems every time I switch radio 4 on, someone is talking about their 'needs' as though their life depended on them!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 20:28  

Oven bottom muffins ........................ they are BREAD BUNS!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 21:03  

Sf or are they barms or baps or teacakes??? depends where you are in the country, what gets me is when you order one and they know what you mean but they still have to correct you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 21:13  

When people write carn't instead of can't.... Where did the R come from??

Update Reply
lisaj @ 08/07/2011 21:59  

It came from the farmers. they use and "O" too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 22:00  

LOL @ Z62's comment. 'Should OF', instead of 'Should HAVE' 'EverythinK' instead of 'everythinG'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/07/2011 22:04  

Sandi, don't u mean "evryfink" ?? an "Shud of"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 22:07  

Peeps that cannot for the life of them constuct even a simple sentence without using the 'f' word.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 22:10  

Sandi, don't u mean "evryfink" ?? an "Shud of" That's wot I sed init?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/07/2011 22:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email